Thursday, December 31, 2015

It'll be alright...

Hello Journey friends,

Today I'm sharing a few cards I created after a fellow coach reached out to me (and other coaches) in hopes to send some well wishes for a friend...I had a mission to create a card that would help her friend keep her spirits up during some trying times.  

I had plans of using the Cupcake Liner Die this week and this card was the perfect opportunity to pull it out and experiment.  I love using this die in unexpected and different ways and using it on a card gives me a chance to do that.  The scallop and the arch on this die allow for the perfect layout design on a card.  
After stamping the diecut, I softened up the ink a bit with some Butter Cream ink.  I mounted this diecut onto some Yummy and Delicious Printed paper that I had mounted onto a brown panel and Butter Cream card base.  I also added the sentiment by using the Circle and Scalloped circle punches.  Fussy cutting the stamped leaves and adding the ribbon/twine bow was next. The final touch was adding some sparkle dust on some of the "berries".  
Stamping all over the ButterCream cardstock diecut allowed me to add some pattern to the card and a little feminine touch...Perfect for this card.
I don't often go all out on the insides of my cards, but I felt this card needed just as much a beautiful inside as the outside...I hope the recipient "gets that message".
Since I had half of the stamped diecut left, I decided to make another card with my leftovers.  This time, I selected some gold stripe vellum (LOOOOVVVEEE IT) mounted on Butter Cream panel and a Bubblegum Pink card base.
So there you have it...Two cards created with one cupcake diecut!  I like how both cards turned out and I hope the recipient finds her card a comfort during her trying times.  

You can purchase any of the FSJ items by heading to my shop HERE or click on the items below:   

Stamp Set:  Lead Me
Inks:  Bubble Gum, Butter Cream, Cocoa Powder, River Stone, Sweet Pear, Lemon Grass
Papers: Bubble Gum, Butter Cream, Cocoa Powder, Yummy Prints, Vellum Designer Prints
Dies and Punches:  1 1/2 inch Circle Punch, 1 3/4 inch Scalloped Circle Punch, Cupcake Liner
Ribbon/Twine:  Cocoa Powder Gingham, Natural Thread
Embellishing Elements:  Hearts and Stars Wooden Buttons, Sparkle Dust
Glues and Adhesives:  Small Foam Squares, Journey Craft GlueJourney Glaze
Non FSJ Items:  Seam Binding

I'll be back again tomorrow for the Season's Givings Blog Hop...It's HUGE...Won't you stop back tomorrow to see what I've created and what I'll be GIVING away to one special blog reader...

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. These re both beautiful. Love this color combination very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry