Sunday, March 29, 2015

Only a few days left...

Only a few days left to submit your cards/projects inspired by this month's COLOR and/or sketch challenge at CREATIVE BLOOMS JOURNEY

I've been trying to use the WAY OUT THERE color combo (What was I thinking?) and I came up with a design that I think works...WITH the kit of the month!  WOO HOO double points, right?!?

Anyway, here it is:
So, it's a little bottle of wish sparkles.  Uncork that baby, make a wish and sprinkle it all over you...It's sure to make your wish come true!  

I stamped the lavender panel with the Potion Shelf background stamp (I bought this background set specifically to coordinate with the Wish in a Bottle set) using Lavender Fusion ink.  I then distressed the paper a bit with Butter Cream ink and Lavender Fusion ink so it would soften up a bit.  

After that panel was done, I stamped the Stitched Borders stamp using Orange Creamsicle ink.  To align the stamped images, I stamped one strip on the edge of Butter Cream cardstock and then aligned my Lavender Fusion strip against the stitching.  Then I drew a light pencil line above the top of the other side.  That allowed me to stamp the perfect distance away from the other image...and created the border for my panel.  When finished, I assembled the panel onto Kiwi Slice cardstock and sewed black straight stitches along the edges for an added touch.  
The bottle was stamped with Black Licorice ink and "sprinkled" with Copic dots (RV11; FBG2; B0000, 000; V04, 06; YR68; E21, 31, 33, 35, 87 and Copic Multiliner .35).  Then I added a bit of Crystal Stickles dots to finish the effect.  I tied the bottle tag (Stamped with the Wish sentiment from Bezel Block) onto the bottle with some black thread and popped it up on the stamped panel with a pop dot.  
So come on friends, don't be shy...Use those crazy colors and post a link to your creation HERE. You just might win a fabulous FSJ prize package especially selected for you!  

Here's an inspiration sheet I created for this card.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry