Saturday, July 25, 2015

You are AWESOME! M-L-S

Hello friends,

It's the weekend and that means I can head up into my craft room and create.  I love it when I can have unlimited time to get lost in creating fun projects.  Don't you??  My pups are locked into my room with me and barring from the occasional "Put that plastic down" or "That not something you can eat!" my pups are comfortable snoozing on the floor while I'm crafting away beside them.

Today I headed up to my room on a mission to create something fabulous for a special friend that is very inspirational to me.  I love seeing her work and always look forward to being inspired and awed by her beautiful creations.  I hope she enjoys this little treat bag.

So for today's MLS project, I decided to take inspiration from Richard's "container" and the use of Journey reinkers to color images.  I don't have the popcorn container (or any of the dies) from the Yummy and Delicious collection yet as I'm waiting to purchase them at the August Y&D event in Virginia Beach.  I can't wait for that.  So to make due, I carefully dismantled a little gusseted bag I've had in my craft room for several years.  I often save cute paper containers so I can use them as templates.  How about you???
As you can see, I used some OLD and some NEW products in my creation.  I've cut all of my new 12x12 paper down to 6x6 so I had to use some of the older black and white paper that hadn't been cut down yet.  The template required a 12x12, so I think it turned out well. I stamped the sentiment with a new set in the Journey Girl collection called Rock Notes.  I also used some Silver Silk and some splashes of Summer Days Reinker.
I was also inspired to color my Dahlia Burst with my reinkers and a brush.  I don't have the blender or the blending brushes yet so I just used a really small paintbrush and a variety of reinkers that would coordinate with the Citrus Cooler Satin ribbon.  Reinkers used to color the flower were:  Summer Days, Rich Coral, Banana Cream.  For the leaves, I used Lemongrass, Green Olive and Pool Play.
Here's a side shot of the gusseted portion of the bag.  I love this little bag and can't wait to buy more 12x12 paper so I can make some more!!!

Inspired to create something from a reclaimed paper product?  Please consider joining Richard's Make-Live-Share Movement.  You can find out more about it (and his projects) on his blog here:


Sending Inspiration and LOVE one project at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry