Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday Sip...Hello Sunshine!

Hello there coffee lovers!  It's Kerry here and I'm back with another installment of my Sunday Sip!  This week I'm sharing a deeeelish fall card perfect for the hop!  Are you enjoying the hop?  It's been amazing so far and I can't wait to see how much the gallery grows! 
This card was inspired by the beautiful sunflower stamp set in the September Bloom Box from Fun Stampers Journey.  This set is perfect for fall cards and it pairs quite well with the Le Cafe stamp set too! I used several fall colors to create a gorgeous sunflower background: Cranberry BlissCitrus CoolerDark Roast and Pumpkin Bread. I also used Black Licorice ink for the sentiment.  I chose to add a hint of the sunflower image onto the coffee mug to give it a coordinating look.  Just coloring it up with my watercolor pencils and adding a bit of Journey Glaze made it the perfect addition to this fall card.
A little bling and some Journey Silks splattered here and there and the background was complete!  Notice the diecut?  That's actually a die from a former kit called Decorative Doily.  I love that the die can be used without the doily stamp.  Makes it more versatile!  :) 

Thanks so much for popping by today!  Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and that the RECAPTCHA doesn't annoy the heck out of you while hopping through the Coffee Lovers Fall Blog Hop!
Love this layout?  Join the fun and play along with it in the hop!  There might* be a special treat for someone who plays along with this sketch!  Just post your creation to the inlinkz (and to the Fall Coffee Lovers Hop link-up).



30 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Kerry! Love the background...yay for all the gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I've gotta send you some Gold Silk. You would love "Flicking" it!

      Delete
  2. Love the fall shimmers!! Great card

    Thanks so much for sharing!!
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfull card you made in these fall colours, like the flower-touch you gave the cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carla. I love this set and adding the sunflower to the cup was just what it needed to coordinate with the theme! :)

      Delete
  4. Great job with the sketch. This is so cute!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    I have a giveaway on my blog for the Coffee Hop.
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love to make sketches and since I work backwards (my card then the sketch), I can whip 'em out lickety-split!

      Delete
  5. The little cup is beautiful with the glaze added to it. Love the pretty sunflower doily die.
    Gorgeous card! I hope I get a chance to play along with the sketch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I'm excited I found a new use for the doily die. It worked perfectly! Hope to see a sketch-leap from you! :)

      Delete
  6. Love this sketch and that ribbon looks fabulous. Will try to play along this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love the ribbon too. It's a perfect match! Hope to see your card posted soon. :)

      Delete
  7. Great take on the sketch, love the cute cup and all glaze on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vinta. The sketch came after the card...so it's always a perfect match. HEE HEE.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous card... always love your yummy backgrounds and love that beautiful cup! Going to try to play along! i know... I always say that... but it's true!! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I have a pretty printed paper issue (I hoard and can't cut it) so making backgrounds is what I do. HA HA. :) Hope to see your card posted too! :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card, great background and awesome cup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. My two favorite seasons: Fall and Winter. BRING ON THE COLD!

      Delete
  11. great sketch!
    and card is os nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great take on the sketch and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Easy peasy when I make the card then make the matching sketch! HEE HEE.

      Delete
  13. Get OUTTA town!!! That stamped coffee cup is darrrrrrrling! I've never thought to Stamp a pattern on that cup! DUH! The Glaze on top is gorgeous too! And the flower background! Ack! Well done miss Kerry, this card is warm and cozy and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I love the sunflower set so I just HAD to add it to the coffee mug! Perfect fall cup! Since I collect handmade ceramic mugs, I was inspired by some potters who paint on their mugs! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry