Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas Wishes...

Hello stamping friends,

Sharing another Christmas card I created for this year's batch.  Hope you enjoy.  :)
For this card,  I started off with using some FSJourney Cool Pool Color Splash  and a Round Paint Brush to create a watercolored effect on watercolor paper.  It's my most favorite method with this medium and allows me to create some lovely backgrounds!  I just dipped my paintbrush into the bottle, applied it to my paper and added some water to spread it around.  Easy, peasy!

After that, I added some Journey Modeling Paste by spreading it over some paper spackling tape (I have a huge roll from Home Depot or Lowes).  I distressed the paper up a bit with some silver Rub-n-Buff too. That gave it a bit more vintage look.  When rubbed with a cloth, the Rub-n-Buff creates a beautiful metallic shine along the edges and surfaces of any medium.  It's awesome and comes in several different colors.

Next, I stamped the deer from Winter Holiday Bundle onto Whip Cream cardstock using some Clear Embossing Ink and White Embossing Powder.  I also stamped the trees with Lemon Grass Ink and distressed with a bit of Whip Cream ink to soften it up.  I then diecut it using the coordinating dies in the stamp/die bundle. While the diecut was still in the die, I burnished the inside edges a bit with my Bloom Tool so they would be more rounded when removed. Next came the assmeblage of a variety of papers and embellishments.

I cut up a piece of printed paper from the Going Places collection and added some silvery ric-rac and some antique white seam binding.  The little colored chocolate wrappers (found in the decorator aisle at Joanne's) are some of my most favorite embellishments to work with. I find they add just the right amount of shine to my cards and help create the dimension and collage effect I so love.  I also used a store-bought paper doily as my FSJ Doily Die was hiding from me.

When done with the front panel, I opted for a basic white card base.  I loved all the white in the card and didn't want a background color to distract from it.  I don't often create "white cards" so I made sure to have a lot of restraint in mounting.  A few little Pearls finished it off.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry