Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday Peace...

Hey there Journey friends!  I'm here to share a little project I created this weekend using some goodies from my special delivery on Friday.  I received my box full of goodies ordered from the Spring into Summer mini catalog and when I saw the new steel rule die, I knew I had to play!

I've had this wooden cross for over six month and it's been sitting in my craft room just waiting for the perfect time to shine!  Sooo... I got out some Gold shimmer paper and used my Journey Platinum to cut out the posies and leaves, then headed to my stamping room to spritz and add color and a little Gold Silk splatter.  Such a yummy, yummy color collection!
After the ink dried, I started bending and manipulating the paper so I could create some pretty flowers.  I also diecut some of the wrapping paper that FSJ carefully wraps and packages our shipments in.  This kraft paper really adds to the fun of the piece, I think.  I decided to give a little stamped element to the krafty paper by using the Postage Stamp ATS and some Hazelnut Blend ink. Perfect for the texture I was going for!
If you may notice, I stenciled using the Starburst Lines Stencil and applied a light coat of modeling paste with my finger onto two of the flowers.  That gave another note of dimension to my flowers. After the three flowers were assembled to my liking, I arranged them onto the cross.  I layered some of the leaves (scored to create a fold line for dimension) and added some Whip Cream floral spray diecuts from the Spring Into Summer Mini.  I just LOVE these dies!
The finishing touch was adding some Green Olive ribbon and some jute at the top.  Such a fun project...I know I'll be making more ! :)

FSJ Items Used on this piece:
Stamps:  Postage Stamp ATS
Inks:  Hazelnut Blend Ink, Gold Silk, Lavender Color Splash, Watermelon Color Splash, Sweet Berry Color Splash, Pineapple Smoothie Color Splash, Lemon Grass Color Splash
Dies:  Summer Bouquet Steel Rule Die, Bloom Cluster Die, Summer Branch Die
Stencils:  Starburst Lines
Modeling Paste
Whip Cream Cardstock, Gold Pearled Cardstock
Olive Green Satin Ribbon, Natural Journey Twine
Clear Blooms Accents

Non FSJ items:
Distressed Wooden Cross was found in the wood elements section of Michaels about six months ago.
Jute

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry