Monday, October 10, 2016

Be Brave...

Hey there stamping friends!  I thought I'd pop in to share that I GOT MY BLOOM BOX!!!  Woo Hoo!  I was so excited that this bloom box arrived by the weekend so I could spend the long weekend creating!  I wasn't really thrilled with the "fairy" theme because I'm just not into them but oh my!!!  I am into these fairies for a very special reason!  I knew I could use them to sprinkle fairy dust all over to cure cancer...Yep, BELIEVE!  It could happen right?  So I decided that this set would have a very special mission... 
I got to work coloring this fab image with my reinkers.   I wanted to create a sparkly, iridescent feel to her clothes and wings so I incorporated some silver reinker into the Sweet Berry and the Banana Cream reinker.  It worked perfectly!  After coloring my image, I cut it out and walked away for a day. I wanted to spend some time thinking of how I wanted to do the background.  I decided I'd do a little "spackling" by mixing some Sweet Berry Color Splash/Shimmer Gold and Butter Cream and Sweet Berry Acrylic Paint.  I used my Crease Tool to "scrape" the paint across the page and make it look "spackled".  
After the paint dried, I splattered some Silver and Gold Silk onto the panel.  Then I took some Journey glaze and rubbed it in a "swoosh" pattern across the paper then added some Sparkle Dust to create her "dust trail".  I also added a few tiny stars from Star-Fetti.  I mounted this panel onto River Stone cardstock and then onto Pearled cardstock then onto a Whip Cream card base.  To finish the card off, I added some thread, Pearls and a little ribbon (Bubble Gum, River Stone, Natural Thread) embellishment.
Most of the time, the insides of my cards are pretty plain.  They usually contain a sentiment and that's it.  I decided that since these cards are so special and will make it into the hands of some very special people, the inside deserved some attention too.  I used a scrap of the cardstock from the front, stamped the sentiment and mounted it onto River Stone cardstock.  The perfect finishing touch to this card.
Instead of the sentiment from the Fairy stamp set in the Bloom Box, I selected the bible verse from Trust The Lord set.  I love the verses in this set and they work perfectly with this fairy set!

Here are a few shots that give you a closer peek at the card:
 Reinkers Used:  Silver, Sweet Berry, Banana Cream, Sweet Pear, Fusion Blender.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my first card in my BeBrave series.  I'll be back again tomorrow to share another card using this adorable fairy set.  If you're interested in joining me in creating cards for the BeBrave card drive, check out the website HERE for more information!

Do you LOVE the Fairy set I used?  This set is only available in our October Bloom Box.  That means, when October is over, you'll have to wait three months to see this set appear in our inventory online.  By signing up for our monthly kit, you commit to a six month term and you'll receive an exclusive stamp set each and every month.  Your kit will also include four precut and packaged card kits and directions to create fabulous cards!  Check out the kit of the month on my sidebar ---> or click the hyperlink above.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry