Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share...Trick or Treat!

Hello there coffee loving cardmakers!  It's Kerry here with another fun Sunday Sip and Share on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog.  I always look forward to my Sunday posts and enjoy including a few FSJ creations in the mix every few weeks. 

As an elementary school teacher and a child at heart, I'm excited for Halloween tomorrow! How about you?  Are you going to partake in the festivities?  I love the imagination and the creativity that the holiday provides. I'm not too excited for the day after...as most of my kiddos will come back to school wound up on sugar.  OY...Pray for me!  
I'm not into scary and gross- but I do love to see adorable costumes...especially when they are handmade!  SOOO...to celebrate this fun-filled holiday, I decided to doodle up a little coffee mug and add a little stamped costume...Hee hee..Take a peek:  
I wanted to use this adorable Jack O Lanterns stamp and die bundle in this way ever since I saw it in the mini catalog!  I love the little mummy wrapper and imagined it wrapped around a coffee mug so perfectly! I always love to imagine up unexpected creations with my stamps and I'm so happy it turned out the way I "saw" it in my head!  :)  I love the little mummy wrap element and decided that IT would be my focal element...I just needed a mug that would be a perfect fit for the costume. LOL...Since I didn't have a stamp the perfect size, I doodled one with a Micron pen.  After doodling it up, I added a bit of Copic coloring to the wrap and the cup.  Using a few foam squares popped the mummy wrap up a bit and allowed the cute little eyes to peek through.  :)
I stamped the pumpkins on some orange cardstock then colored them with Copics too.  I like to color the images to give them a little more dimension.  After that, I was ready to create my background.
To create the background, I stamped the Deco Dots background stamp onto white cardstock using Black Licorice Ink.  I then splattered some Silks (Orange RaveDark RoastGold)  on that and immediately applied some Butter Cream acrylic ink on top using my finger.  It spread the splatter and created the most yummy background effect.  I let it dry and then added a bit more splatter to finish it off.  
To complete the card, I mounted the background onto Summer Days cardstock then applied some black thread and the pumpkins in a playful line-up.  I added some dots of Journey Glaze here and there (and on the pumpkin faces) and then it was done!  A perfectly cute little Trick-or-Treat line-up, don't you think?! 
After creating the card, I worked on the sketch...Hope you find some time to play along with it! If you do, please make sure to share it in our inlinks below.  This month there are four sketches for you to try, so I'm sure you can find one that is perfectly suited for your needs.
I think this sketch features the coffee cup quite nicely too!  It's front and center just as it should be!  Have a great day tomorrow and don't eat too much candy!  

3 comments:

  1. ohmygoodness that mummy coffee is sooooooooooooo CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was so fun to bring my crazy imagined cup to life! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry