Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share...With Sympathy

This week's Sunday Sip and Share is a memorable tribute to my college roomate's father who lost his battle with brain cancer just a few weeks ago.  I decided to take a memory walk through the fun memories I will hold in my heart forever.  I tried to capture these memories on this card...Although very personal, I think it's important to share. 

For me, cardmaking is not just a fun inky outlet.  It is a way to embrace the connections made with friends, family and loved ones.  It's a way to explore and understand troubling issues.  It's a way to comfort, calm, support and heal...

That's why I make cards.
For this card, each and every image used has special significance.  The colors, the stamps, the design...
*The Canada Red teacup (with his initials)...
*The Indy 500 Checkered Flags...
*The Hockey Puck...
*The Doodled Garlic Cloves...
*The Honeycomb background...
*The Feather...
*The Crimson and Gold...
*The gray card base...

Each and every one of the images/colors mean something pretty special.
I'm so very sorry that one of my bestest friends.  I'm sorry she had to say farewell to her dad.  I know she is comforted that he is no longer in pain and is now HOME...Until they meet again.

Love you Di.

(FSJ Products used include:  Feather ATS Stamp, Checkered Flag ATS, Honeycomb ATS, Sympathy Sentiment, Black Licorice, Sunshine Yellow Inks, River Stone, Cranberry Bliss, Whip Cream Cardstock, Black Licorice Twine, Foam Squares, Craft Glue)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry