Sunday, December 25, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share...Merry Christmas!


Hello there coffee loving friends!  It's Kerry here with a final 2016 Sip and Share post!  It's also Christmas Day!  Merry Christmas to you.  It's also day 2 of Hannukkah and I want to wish all those who are celebrating the festival of lights an amazing day!
While we gather to celebrate and carry on family traditions, one of those traditions is the sharing of gifts. I created this special gift box (with something special inside) to send to someone special.  I incorporated some of this person's very favorite things...To create this box, I used Fun Stampers Journey Treat Boxes

I love these little treat boxes (that come in a pack of TEN) and use them often for small crafty gifts.  I stamped a strip of Hazelnut Blend cardstock with the Knitted Houndstooth (retired) background stamp in Black Licorice Ink.  After that, I mounted a piece of Kiwi Slice onto a stamped and colored steamy coffee panel (Le Cafe stamp set).
After creating and mounting the stamped panel and belly band to the box, I added some twine to hold it tie the box closed.  I then focused on the deer.  I stamped the deer from Winter Holiday stamp and die bundle with Oatmeal Cookie ink then rubbed a bit of Brushed Gold Pan Pastel over the ink.  This allowed the slight shimmer/sheen from the gold to adhere to the ink creating a beautiful soft golden image. After that, I die cut the deer and applied some Black Journey Twine and a little Sparkle Drop.    
To finish the box off, I splattered some Gold Silk and Dark Roast Silk to the image and then a few more Sparkle Drops.
I had so much fun creating this quick and fun gift box.  Now, it's off to the mailbox it goes on Monday! Hoping it gets to its destination in short time! :)
Now, my Sip and Share wouldn't be complete without a fun sketch right?  Well, there's only ONE MORE WEEK to participate in this month's sketch challenges (you can use any of our December sketches).  I'll select one lucky participant to receive a yummy coffee loving prize!
When posting to social media, please tag @coffee_crafts as well as #clcsipandshare so we'll be sure to see it!  Then, come back here and add your link to our inlinkz below!  

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry