Friday, December 8, 2017

Santa's Coffee Break..

Yahoo!!!  It's the most wonderful time of the year!  It's WINTER, CHRISTMAS and the WINTER COFFEE LOVERS HOP!  Woop woop!  I'm excited to be playing along again and I've got a fun project each and every day!  The DT has been cranking out some fabulous creations to inspire and invite YOU to join the fun!  

Join us throughout the week as we hop, hop, hop and share our awesome Winter creations.  Just make sure that they include the coffee, tea or hot cocoa theme and you're good to go!  As always, we've got a TON of fabulous Super Sponsors providing some amazing prizes.  Also, we'll have some Flash Prize Sponsors who will also be providing prizes that will be given away in a flash!

For my first card creation, I chose to share a little mixed media card I've dubbed "Santa's Coffee Break".  I included a little Santa Claus wax seal into my card design.  


Santa is always a child at heart so I've added a little doodled smiley face to his favorite cup.  Of course, Santa loves Peppermint any way he can have it so that yummy steam smells minty fresh!  

Check out the little snowballs!  I added a pile-o-snow to the canvas just by gluing them down with my Journey Glaze.  This glaze can hold down anything!!!  A closer look at the canvas might show a few sneaky Ho-ho-ho's here and there.  I wrote them in pencil on the canvas before I brushed some Whip Cream (mixed with a little blue watercolor pencil) paint over the canvas.  I didn't want the sentiment to be overpowering, so there's just a hint of "Ho".  

I wonder if you can notice the stitching under the watercolored snowflake?  If not, check it out.  I used some black twine and just xxx a little santa stitching.  Of course, I had to add a little sparkly and peppermint striped washi to the mix!  
Thanks for stopping by!  All products featured in this card are available in my Fun Stampers Journey Shop.   I've provided links to help make shopping easier!  Oh and the 12 Days of Christmas sale is going on RIGHT NOW!  Flat Rate Shipping of $5.00 is offered for your shopping experience.  So have fun and shop 'till you drop!  

Embellishments: Candy Apple Journey Tape, Black Journey Twine, Fashion Gold Pearls

Non FSJ:  Gold Thread, Styrofoam snowballs, Santa Claus Wax Seal, Gold Wax, Black Micron Pen






24 comments:

  1. Kerry! I think this is my new FAV of yours...it's absolutely FABulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative. Love the little snowballs and the wax seal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and I love that smiley cup design. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning with all little details and wax seal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your card is awesome. I love all of the details. Sweet wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just awesome!! I love every part of this !! Those little snowballs tho <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. smiley cup brings smile and a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Best thing I've seen today! LOVE!! Those snowballs... that wax seal... all of it... I bow to the master! Awesome card and great inspiration as I start thinking about moving up to my crafty space... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is so cute!! LOVE all the details Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerry... this is one cute and sweet card.
    Love how you embellish your card.
    Thanks for the sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful mix of layered embellies! Love this card Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so fun and creative, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving all the different elements on your card, stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! This is too cute! I love those little balls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, super fun and awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like the variety of textures. Especially like the wax seal. I have a wax seal & wax sticks from the 1970s.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card, kerry and such a cute smiling cup.
    Love that seal you used.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The snowballs are a nice touch to your cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute. I like all the elements on this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry