Sunday, May 3, 2015

Coffee Break!!!

Wahoo!  My camera battery arrived and I'm back in business!!!

My FSJ order arrived too and I was excited to pull out my newest set:  Enjoy Coffee so I could use it for a Grunge challenge hosted by ROSE.  She hosts a weekly challenge for coaches of FB and I try to participate every week.  It's hard as I only have the weekends to stamp and the challenge turn-around is every Sunday!  Sometimes I'm behind, but at least I do it, right?

Anyway, I decided to grab a cup of coffee AND have some fun with my gelli plate and acrylic paints. I made some background paper using some fun spackling tape and the tattered flowers mini dies and my finger was my applicator!  FUN!
To add some extra finishing touches, I applied some Journey glaze to the center of the mug label and the word coffee.  it gives this card a bit of shine that is needed as acrylic paint has a pretty gritty/flat appearance.
I decided not to let the used spackling tape  (stencil on my gelli plate) go to waste.  I turned it into a fun little "ribbon" embellishment by clipping one edge on point, then tying some black Journey twine around the center to "pucker it up" and give it some dimension.  I popped the coffee mug up on Dimensional Dots and added the word...All it needed was one word, right?  

A closer look at the stitching reveals some ziggy-zags...perfect for this grungy look!  
Check out the whole stamp set!  It's full of pretty, fun, quirky images...and those beans...well, I've got plans for those too!  :)
PS...If you're wondering what I'll be doing with the extra cups of coffee that I stamped and cut, stop by in a few days...You'll see where they end up!

FSJ Supplies Used:  
Enjoy Coffee Stamp Set
Lemon Grass card base (5x5)
Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock
Black Licorice Cardstock and Ink
Whip Cream Cardstock
Black Journey Twine
Tattered Bloom Mini Die (used as a mask/stencil on Gelli plate)
Journey Glaze
Gold Silk
Photo Pin Elements
Dimensional Foam Squares

Non FSJ Supplies Used:

Gelli Plate
Craft Smart Acrylic Paint:  23622 Orange, 23623 Light Orange, 23630 Espresso
Delta Creamcoat Acrylic Paint:  Leaf Green
Drywall Adhesive Tape (Lowes)
Black sewing machine thread
Dry Versafine Ink pad (for distressing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry