Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Secret Convention Friend Swap #1...

Hello Journey Friends,

I'm here today to share the second card I created for my Secret Journey Friend that I'll meet at Convention in just over a week.  WOO!  This is so exciting.  I can't wait to gather with like-minded friends who share my love of stamping.  :) :)

This card was actually inspired by the scraps that remained after cutting and trimming my 35 ATC's for my Team Swap.  I had tons of strips of lovely paper left over and piled up and thought they would make a beautiful element on a card.  I actually made several cards from these scraps! Each one is special and unique to the person I'm sharing it with.

Actually, most of the elements used to make this card are scraps from my workspace.  I have a bit of problem with saving every "straight-edged" scrap, cut out "leftover" and itty-bitty scrap that can be stamped on.  LOL...I knew it was time to minimize the pile and I just focused on using those scraps!

I wonder if you can tell which stamp sets I used on my ATC trades?  Any guesses?  I guess this is a little sneak-peek as I won't reveal those cards on my blog until I'm at Convention.  

I used some of my most favorite elements:  Photo Pin, Sparkle Drop and Clear Flowers, as well as inked up some of the natural Journey Twine with some Oatmeal Cookie ink so it would be a bit darker brown and blend well with my card.  
I just LOVE how this card turned out and am so excited to share it with my Secret Friend.  I hope she loves it as much as I do.  :)  I think these colors are my new Summer favorites!  :)
I'll be back tomorrow to share the "scraps" card I made for my Second Secret Friend.  Yep, I'm hosting TWO Secret Friend Swaps for Convention!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry