Monday, August 17, 2015

Aquatic Dreams...CAS159

Phew...Finished in the nick of time!  Oh drats, no I didn't.  Missed out on the deadline by an hour or so but oh well, I had fun anyway!  

I've been away at the VABeach Yummy and Delicious Rubber Stamping event and had not had a chance to work on my card for this CAS159 challenge, so when I got home yesterday,  I started thinking...  It'll be a fun time to create something watery and dreamy with our yummy reinkers.  A little Yummy...and Delicious.  hee hee...
I don't often create CAS cards because I'm not a planner and tend to just jump in and add layers upon layers upon layers until I think my card is "just right"...But when working in the CAS style, I tend to work in a miniature layered element or create a simple background.  It works for me and satisfies my desire for layering.

I decided to play around with my reinkers and made some fun "ocean-like" backgrounds.  The technique went VERY quickly and I was able to create several beautiful backgrounds to use on future cards.  I think my technique worked very well with the blue/teal tones of reinker and I can't wait to share this fun technique with some friends at my next Make-It event...and possibly on my next Periscope adventure.
For the first card, I splattered some Silver Silk onto the background to give it some added dimension. After that, I applied a collage of graph paper and natural twine then added some pearls and the little shell from ...colored with Banana Cream and Hazelnut Blend reinkers. The tiny "faith" sentiment comes from one of my new favorite sentiment sets called Text Happy.  This is a set that includes 36 perfectly understated sentiments.  This stamped panel was mounted on foam squares and placed onto an A2 Whip Cream card base with a top fold.  
This close-up shows the collage in detail but does not quite capture the gloss finish (Journey Glaze) on the shell from the Wish in a Bottle set.  It's a perfect element, I think! You might also see a few glimmers of sparkle dust...Not too much sparkle but just enough to help mimic some shimmer on the water.  

Soooo Yummy...I used the Cool Pool, Pool Play, Beach Breeze and Denim Days re-inkers to create this fun ocean-like background.

My second card was even more simple.  I wanted to have almost complete focus on the beautiful water...Love how some areas leave the impression of white caps.  Perfect, simple and quick.
Perfectly serene...  This stamped panel was mounted onto Black licorice cardstock then foam squares were added before adhering the whole panel to an Oatmeal Cookie card base with a top fold.
I tried many arrangements and placements of the sentiment but decided to stamp in Black Licorice ink directly on the background so the background focus would speak for itself.  Just a little Black twine and some sparkly pearls and voila...it's done!
Hope you enjoyed these beachy cards.  It took me back to the beach without the dreaded salt in your eyes effect!  I really had fun making this duo and look forward to sharing the technique soon.  Thanks for popping by!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! These are both so pretty, Kerry! I love how you changed the focal point on these! :) So sorry you missed the deadline for the AQUATIC challenge. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this next time!
    Thanks for sharing with us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards.....love the look! Wondered if you inked up an acrylic block to do the bkgs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning! You have inspired me to try out this technique!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These backgrounds and cards are absolutely gorgeous! I'm definitely getting out my reindeers and trying this! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous cards, but I have to say, any card with more than 3 embellishments and popped layers probably wouldn't be within most people's definitions of CAS.

    Sorry I missed chatting with you at Y&D. I stiood next to you for a bit, but you were in the zone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAS has broad interpretation- from extreme simplicity to collage with offset positioning. In any case, these two cards are as CAS as I get! was wondering where you were. Maybe next time!

      Delete
  6. Kerry I love the cards. They are gorgeous. Would love to see your technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry