Sunday, August 9, 2015

Starstruck!

Hello Journey friends!

The other day I received a package of goodies I ordered from FSJ.  It's so fun to get treats in the mail and I was even more excited because it also included the FREE gifts lasercut wood stars that I've been drooling over since their reveal.   I ordered some blending brushes and blending solution and the sentiment set you see in this card and POOF:  I got my prized wooden star embellishments!!!

So by now you know that I love to spend my Sunday's rescuing scraps from previous card and crafty projects.  I believe "unwanted"  scraps hold so much potential and they're just waiting to demonstrate their power if you just take a chance with them.  Sooo....While listening to my favorite gospel music station on the radio, I set out to create a few cards...with leftovers...and some embellishments.

I really love how these two cards came together.  They are fun and whimsical with a splash of collage-artsy...just the way I like to create!
Perfect little stitches and splashes of reinker and Silk just pull everything together!  
Oh how I love those little stars!  Perfect embellishments for these fun cards.  I think they're meant to dance with those sparkle drops, don't you think?  
And that itty bitty sentiment?  PERFECTLY snuggled in under that pop of sparkle!  :)

 Now to figure out who will receive these two little treasures.  HMMMM...

Please join me in discovering the joys of crafting with scraps.  They will give you every bit of pleasure (and maybe more) than a big old cut piece of paper...and will encourage your creative muse to step out into HER spotlight!

FSJ Products used:

Retired Black and white printed paper
Scraps of Black Licorice, Whip Cream, Pool Play, River Stone and Sweet Berry cardstock
Card Base: Whip Cream, Oatmeal Cookie
Graph Paper scraps
Stamps:  ATS Tag Elements
Ink: Black Licorice
Reinkers/Silks:  Pool Play Re-Inker, Sweet Berry Re-Inker, Silver Silk
Ribbon:  Gold ribbon and Silver Ric-rac (by Simplicity), Black Journey Twine
Embellishments:  Laser Cut Wood Star Frame Elements, Sparkle Drops

*** AUGUST SPECIAL***With every $50.00 purchase at FSJ (and in the month of August you get DOUBLE the gift rewards!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry