Sunday, June 26, 2016

Pizza, Pizza!

Hey there Journey Friends!

I'm BACK again to share another project I worked on but had to keep a tight lip on until today.  Last Sunday was Father's Day and I wasn't able to visit my Dad due to annoying end of the school year paperwork that had to be competed the next day.

My parents are coming over today so I can finally give him the card I made for him for his special day! I was THRILLED to get a fun new stamp set at convention and I knew exactly what I'd christen it for...It is perfectly suited for my Dad!

So when I got home from Convention in AZ and after a day of school work, I headed up to my room to create something FUN for my pops...Take a peek:
Yeah, among many other things, my dad is a PIZZA LOVER!  He dreams of opening up the best Pizza Joint in town and loves the ooey gooey mouthwatering taste of the supreme pizza.  Everywhere he travels, he likes to sample the pizza!  
Look at the shine on that pizza...It's just calling your name,  right?  I sure wish I had scented colored pencils because this would be so amazing to smell as yummy as it looks!
I stamped the drippy pizza slice several times on whip cream cardstock using Colorbox Chalk Ink. After that, I used my rectangle dies to cut out the perfect section. I colored the image with my new PanPastels and added some Prismacolor Colored pencil work over that to add more dimension and depth.  Applying the Journey Glaze to the top of the pizza was what put it over the top! :)

If you LOVE this set as much as I do, you'll be able to order it at 12:01 AM July 1 on my shop site here:

Thanks for popping in...see you again!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this card! Pan Pastels are awesome. Love that shine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun to combine the Pan Pastels and the Prismacolor pencils for added texture, depth and dimension. The shine...well, cheese has gotta have that cheesy effect! :)

      Delete
  2. I bet he absolutely loves this great card! Beautifully crafted & so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did love it and was fascinated by the glossy element and texture. This is the first card he's said something about the process- not just a thank you. :)

      Delete
  3. You've definitely inspired me to add this set to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry