Sunday, September 4, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share...It's PSL time!

Hello there coffee loving friends.  Kerry here for another fun Sunday sip and share... and some exciting news!  I know many of you are just as excited as I am for the almighty season of the PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE so I've got a treat for you today!  Let's ring in the season with a spicy tribute to the delectable treat that is a welcome sign that FALL is on the way!!!
I started out by creating a yummy pumpkin spice-like spill (puddle smushing) on some Butter Cream Cardstock using a mix of Orange Rave Color Splash, Sour Lemon Color Splash and a few spritzes of water onto a plastic bag.  After it dried, I stamped the Cozy Wishes mug using Pumpkin Bread True Fusion Ink.  Once the background was finished, I glued it "wonky style" onto my Cocoa Powder cardstock and trimmed it to size.  
I wanted to create a fun sentiment incorporating the Pumpkin Spice Latte theme and since I didn't have a specific PSL themed stamp (YET), I decided to create my own!  I arranged the Marquee Type alpha stamps onto my acrylic block and selected the "wishes" sentiment from my Jolly Friends Stamp set.  I stamped them onto a strip of vellum using Clear Pigment Ink and then applied Journey Gold Embossing Powder with my heat gun (ON SALE!)  
I added a little heart embellishment strip of paper to break up the vellum strip a bit.  It also allowed me to use some of my new yummy Amazing sequin trim that I picked up last week at the Be Amazing stamping event in Virginia Beach.  I just punched the stamped heart with my hole punch (on sale now!, attached it to the paper strip using some Natural Journey Thread and tucked the trimmings in with the thread.  
Just one last shot to show the shimmer on the card!  I spritzed the background (and the sequin trim) with Shimmer Gold Color Splash.  SO FABULOUS!!!
As you know, I work backwards…I create a sketch AFTER my card is finished…I love this wonky layout.  If you love the layout too, please join us in creating something fun with the sketch as inspiration!  When sharing your project, please include the hashtag #clcsipandshare on social media so we can access all the gorgeous creations in one place.
PS…. I soooo appreciated seeing the projects inspired by my sketches last month.  I’m happy to say I have a little coffee-loving treat for one special coffee loving friend who created a card for EACH sketch last month!!!  Sandi Pressley, I loved each one of your creations and appreciate that you took time to create projects inspired by each sketch in August.  I’ll reach out to you on the FB group page so that I can send you your “prize”.
And WOO HOO!!!  We’re excited to announce the upcoming Fall Coffee Lovers Bloghop! The hop will run from September 23-30 and we welcome YOU to join the fun!  The hop will begin at 6:00 AM Pacific time and we encourage you to post your coffee/tea/cocoa loving cards and projects!  As with every fabulous Coffee Lovers Hop, generous sponsors and blog hop participants will be contributing amazing prizes so you won’t want to miss out on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry