Friday, March 31, 2017

Waaaahhhhhhhh!

Hello there Coffee-Loving friends!  Today's the last day of the Spring Coffee Lovers Hop and it's also a sad day in the coloring world.  Crayola just announced they will retire one of my most used and most favorite colors in the 24 pack!  Dandelion is OUT and another BLUE is in!  WAAAHHHHH!!!  

Dandelion is the most fabulous and sunshiny color!  It just doesn't compare to the generic yellow.  In my opinion, they should have removed the color Yellow Green if they wanted to get rid of a color...WAAAHHH...I'm so sad.   So...To end this hop with a last hoo-rah, I decided to create a few cards using that fabulous 24 pack of Crayolas...and the gorgeous color dandelion.  Hope you enjoy!   

Take a look at my process shots:  
So the first thing I did was color some Whip Cream cardstock with Dandelion, Yellow Orange, Yellow Green and Cerulean colors.  After that, I heat the colors with my heat gun and rubbed the wax off.
I did a few drippy action attempts too but the heat gun blew the wax in directions that I didn't want it to go!  So I stopped after a few drippy attempts.  I then pressed the main page against another Whip Cream cardstock layer and heated them up like a grilled-cheese sandwich.  This allowed the remaining wax to transfer to the other paper.  I rubbed this "second generation" paper onto the first paper to add a bit more color.
After finishing the backgrounds, I quickly colored the cups (from the Hey Sugar stamp set)- not worrying about going out of the lines! One last Hoo-rah for Dandelion, right?! I cut out the cups, assembled them onto the card panels and added a few embellishing touches. I also rubbed my Black Licorice ink pad onto the edges of the panels so that the panel would stand out against the white card base.  

And here are the final results:  
This is a fun technique!  Of course, I had to give the cups some sparkle with Journey Glaze and Sparkle Dust and a fun Black Journey Twine treatment!
Yummy, Yummy...So long my sunshine!  
You deserve a bit o' bling!  Sparkle Drops will do the trick!
Here's the second version...I think I'm going to give these cards to the two art teachers at school. They will appreciate this Crayola tribute... and just might join me in my sorrow session :)
Thanks for joining me (and the Coffee Loving Papercrafters team as we close up this record breaking hop!  I'll be back soon to announce the winner that Amy and randomnumbergenerator selects.  :)

17 comments:

  1. These are great Kerry! I can't believe they're retiring that awesome color :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't believe it! Why oh why did they have to choose my favorite yellow??? The world is not going to be the same!

      Delete
  2. I agree green-yellow should've been retired not Dandelion. This makes me sad also. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are they thinking? We should protest/picket and march! This is a travesty!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Such an awesome card!
    I have to agree with you about outing the Dandelion, the yellow green would have been a much better choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just cannot believe they would stoop that low. Taking away my sunshine is just sinful!

      Delete
  4. Kerry, I love a warm sunshine yellow as well which I think dandelion fits that bill. Love your backgrounds and the easy process. Love the cards. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this technique, achieved gorgeous results, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background and super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kerry, thank you for sharing how you made your card and the result is awesome.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are they crazy or what?! Why do they mess with such a good thing?! :-(
    Well, your cards are just artsy FUN! And love all the sparkle on the cups.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Such a beautiful technique!!! Love your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry