Saturday, November 7, 2015

Merry and Bright


Hello Journey friends, 
Today I'm sharing the start of my Christmas card collection for this year.  Today I made a couple of these cards while playing around with the sketch challenge at Creative Blooms.  Each month, I host a sketch challenge and a color challenge and I hope that other stampers will join the fun.  I don't typically use a lot of patterned paper (I tend to hoard that because I don't want to cut it up) and I usually create my own designed/embellished papers.  
In creating this patterned paper, I used some pool play cardstock as my base.  I placed some of the snowflake elements (iridescent acetate snowflakes) onto my gelli plate then spread Journey Gesso over that.  I removed the snowflakes (and washed them in warm water) then applied the gelli plate to my cardstock.  After that, I spritzed the paper with cool pool splash and Shimmer Gold Splash. That's IT!  
For the tree (I used the Nature Trees) I applied some Copic dots for lights and some golden Liquid Pearls for dimension.  I mounted the card panel onto Butter Cream cardstock and then onto an Oatmeal Cookie cardstock base.  I stamped the sentiment with the new Tag Elements ATS.  
Look at that yummy goodeness!  Love the shimmer.  Because I inked up a whole A2 panel, I was able to cut it in half and use it on two cards!  WOO HOO!

Hope you enjoyed this project. I'll probably Periscope a tutorial sometime later in the week.  Stay tuned and watch my Instagram and Facebook for a heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry