Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share: Le Cafe'

Hello there coffee-loving friend!  It's Kerry here with another Sunday Sip-and-Share at the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog!  I hope you've been enjoying my yummy Sunday creations over there and this week...I'm featuring YUMMY FSJ Products!  WAHOO!!!

Check out my card that inspired the sketch this week!  If you like the sketch, please feel free to join us in creating a fun COFFEE LOVING card with the sketch layout.  Add your creations to the inlinkz below and when sharing to social media, make sure to add the hashtag #clcsipandshare!  We would love to see your creations!  
YUUMMMY!!!  I love to create artsy backgrounds and this one was just too fun!  I pulled out my Fun Stampers Journey acrylic paints and a stencil and got to work.  It's fun using our acrylic paints to create card backgrounds so I encourage you to have some fun with this medium!  It's not JUST for canvas work!  

For today's background, I used the following acrylic paint colors:  Butter Cream, Pineapple Smoothie, Sweet Berry, Cool Pool and Blue Lagoon.  I also used the Vintage Screen 6x6 stencil.  
I wanted the hexie pattern and the paint to show up bold and beautiful so I selected some Black Licorice cardstock as my base layer.  After applying acrylic paint in a random dabbing pattern with my paintbrush, I peeled the stencil off and let it dry with my heat gun a bit.  After it was dry, I trimmed this layer down and added some silver polka dot vellum in an asymmetrical design.  I like how the vellum allows the stenciled design to peek through.  After that layer, I attached some Cool Pool Satin Ribbon and started working on the tag.  

My tag was created using the Tag Steel Rule Die and some Color Splash watercolor sheets.  I used my stamp positioner tool to apply the stamps in the Le Cafe' set.  The steamy coffee cup image in the background was stamped using Oatmeal Cookie ink.  I applied the coffee press and the sentiment using Versafine Onyx ink and Journey Clear Embossing Powder so that I could apply some acrylic paint wash to the tag.  After embossing and coloring the image with a few Copic Markers, I used watered-down acrylic paints as a wash over the whole tag.  I added a bit more stenciling on the tag to tie the design in with the card base.  

Once the tag was dry, I added some Black Journey Twine and Whip Cream Journey Thread to the tag. I attached the tag to the card using small foam squares.  A little Cool Mint Stickles was added over some of the stenciled background to add some fun and sparkle.  Gotta love my sparkles!!!  

To finish the card off, I stamped the spoon with Black Licorice ink, colored with some Copic markers and added some Liquitex Metallic Silver Ink over the top.  I also applied some Journey Glaze to give it a fun glossy shine.  I mounted the inked and stamped panel onto Whip Cream cardstock then attached it "wonky style" to an A2 top-fold card base in Blue Lagoon.  
What a fun card this was to create!  I can't wait to send this card to a special someone this month!  If you haven't explored the use of acrylic paints in cardmaking and stenciling, I recommend you give it a try!  You'll fall in LOVE!!!  

Now let's take a peek at this week's sketch.  Yes, I work backwards in creating sketches...First the card, then the sketch it inspires...
If you decide to join us and create a card using my sketch, please add it to the inlinkz below!  It'll automatically load onto the coffee-loving cardmakers blog post and will be added to this month's collection of fab cards!  The Coffee Loving Cardmaking Designers will be watching social media too...so make sure to add the #clcsipandshare hashtag to all your coffee-loving creations.  You never know, one lucky coffee-lover just might receive some happy mail for participating!  :)

If you're interested in any of the products featured in this card, please click on the links...You'll be directed to my shop and you can go to town!  WOO!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry