Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Dream BIG!

Hey there stamping friends,

The Fun Stampers Journey Convention is HERE!  WOOP!  I'm so excited to be able to gather with my stamping family for some fun, education and inspiration!  I'll be coming home with TONS of motivation and a few HEAVY suitcases!
While I'm headed off on a jet plane to Arizona, I'll leave you with a little share and a HOW I MADE IT!

I'm participating in a fun Mixed Media swap (there are SO many amazing swaps) and this is the card I created.  I love the way it turned out.  It's artsy, inspirational and oohh so yummy!  I grabbed the theme and the color palette from the Convention logo...(can you tell?)
To create this card, I started out by rubbing a bit of Pool Play Pan Pastel (from Confectionary Days Collection) over Canvas using my finger.  After that, I placed a tad bit of Pineapple Smoothie Acrylic Paint onto my finger and rubbed it across the canvas.  After it dried, I used my sewing machine to add a meandering stitch across the canvas.  
Next, I stamped the Create a Dot stamp onto the panel using clear ink then applied some silver embossing powder.  I wanted just a hint of this image so I used a light hand with the ink pad and rubbed unwanted embossing powder off the canvas with a dry brush before heating.  
After that, I scribbled a little Silver Pen onto my acrylic block then spritzed it with my Spritzer bottle. I applied that directly to the canvas then swiped it gently down the canvas.  This created a fun distress-like gray watercolor look that I love.  When that was done, I added a Scribble Stroke using the Silver Marker.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment (from Dream It set) using Clear Pigment Ink and Black Embossing Powder.  
Finishing the card up involved flicking a little Sparkle Silk onto the panel then stamping the floral image from Bird Melody.  I rubbed these Black Licorice stamped flowers with PanPastels and applied Journey Glaze with a tad bit of Sparkle Dust sprinkled over it.  I then Popped Out the flower over some loops of thread using a foam square.  
I can't wait to share another fun creation!  Stop back again for another fun share from Convention! PS...I'll be back to add the printable tutorial for this card when I return from convention so watch for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry