Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sweeter than Candy!

You may or may not know it, but I am also a fan of cookie decorating and candle making!  I've been a novice cookier and a candle maker for several years and when I have the time, I play!  This year, I joined a few of my Facebook/Cookier/Periscope friends in a little secret cookier swap.  I was assigned a person to send a special cookier treat to, as well as a homemade item.  Since I don't ship my cookies in the mail (other than to my aunt in Iowa), I decided to make her a yummy soy candle...
To create this playful card, I used the following stamp sets:  Candy Shop, House to Home and Doily Heart ATS.  The Watermelon Fusion inked hearts stamped on the panel come from the Banner Party stamp set.

To create the background, I stamped the Doily Heart using Bubble Gum ink and stamped the graphic pattern in House to Home using Pineapple Smoothie ink.  I splattered some Bubble Gum Silk onto the cardstock then used some copic markers to add additional "confetti" pattern to the design.  I highlighted the Dark Roast sentiment with N3 Copic marker.

The stamped image was then diecut using the Journey Ovals Die set.  I also incorporated the pennant die from Banner Party Dies (in pineapple fusion cardstock) for added movement in the card.  To add a pop of Rich Coral red, I punched and applied a few hearts from the Love Is punch.  Of course when I was finished, it was calling for a few heart doodles...so I obliged.  :)

This stamped panel was attached to a Yummy Dots embossed Beach Breeze paper and mounted wonky-style to some Bubble Gum cardstock.  A2 top fold Kraft cardstock was the obvious choice for this fun card.  I can't get enough of amazing Kraft card bases!!!  And...Last but not least, a card of mine is NEVER complete without a bit of fibers...so I added a cute little jute bow.  Perfectly, perfect I say!
Here's the loot that I packaged up for my secret cookier pal.  I hope she enjoys the treats as much as I had finding them!
Some chocolate chip cookies, fun wrapped gifts and homemade soy candles...MMMMMM!  
If you look closely, you'll see that I uses my FSJ stamps to decorate the label.  I love that I can customize my candles with fun names and great stamped decorations!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry