Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Thank You...


TO VIEW THE SEASON'S GIVINGS HOP POST CLICK HERE.  

Hello Journey friends,

Today (and in the next few days), I'll be sharing cards with the "Thank You" theme.  I find at this time of year, I need cards that I can send out to friends and family to say Thank You for the many lovely gifts I received over the holidays.  Do you like to send thank you cards after the holidays?  

I wanted to create some cards that could be mass produced and created quickly but still retain a sense of beauty and artsy characteristics...Soo here's the first card I created:  

I started out with a base of Whip Cream cardstock.  I stamped the burlap print using Pumpkin Bread ink and overstamped the Dhalia Burst image on top with the Blue Lagoon ink.  I then used some reinkers (Blue Lagoon and Butter Cream) with some Blending Solution and a thin brush.  I love the look of the coloring over the stamped background- it kind-of reminds me of translucent vellum laying over the top.  After coloring the images, I stamped the Thank You sentiment onto Oatmeal Cookie ink banner then rolled the edges and cut the ends...Popped that up onto the page and VOILA!

Mounting this stamped panel onto a Cocoa Powder card base finished this card up.  I suppose adding a bit of splatter from Gold or Copper silk would put this card over the top, but I had restraint this time.  ;)

Items used in creating this card:  

Stamps: Dahlia Burst, Media Pattern, Thank You ATS
Papers:  Whip Cream, Cocoa Powder, Oatmeal Cookie
Inks:  Pumpkin Bread, Blue Lagoon, Black Licorice
Reinkers: Blue Lagoon, Banana Cream, Fusion Blender Solution
Embellishing Elements:  None
Adhesives:  Small Foam Squares, Journey Craft Glue

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry