Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sweets....

Hello there Journey friends,

As I sit here at home enjoying my snowcation from school, I've been having a ball creating yummy Valentines.  Do you make handmade Valentines and share them with family and friends??  Yes, I'm looking ahead to next month and am getting excited for all the fun that will occur next month.  

I have quite a pile of retired black and white printed paper from Fun Stampers Journey and I've been working on whittling away one page at a time.  I decided to use some of the distressed stripes (I'm in love with stripes lately) and some leftover pieces of our yummy printed Vellum Designer Prints...
If you take a closer peek at the golden panel, you might notice the Bubble Bubble stencil was used to create this yummy pattern.  I applied Modeling Paste over the stencil and onto some watercolor paper with my finger.  This allowed me to control the amount of paste I was using in each little stencil hole. After finishing the stenciling,  I rapid set the paste with my Heat Gun and let it sit for a little while as I glued the vellum panel together.  I also punched a little heart from the Love Is punch and added some golden ric-rack for extra sparkle.

After the modeling paste was completely dry, I applied antique gold Rub-n-Buff over the tip (using my finger) then burnished it with a cloth.  This gave the golden color some added shine.  The next step was applying this embossed panel to the striped printed paper and applying the second panel over that.  To give some contrast and extra texture/dimension, I applied half of a red chocolate cup wrapper (Wilton has some fun colors) behind the panel.  Adding some Journey Glaze to the heart gave this card some of the finishing touch it needed.
Other items used in creating this card include Black Journey Twine, Oatmeal Cookie cardstock, Dimensional Foam Squares, Journey Craft Glue, Black and White Journey Basics printed paper (the thin scrap of paper on the vellum) and an A2 whip cream card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry