Sunday, July 24, 2016

Chin-Chin...Piggie Portrait!


It all started out with my love affair with this adorable little piggie set!  When I first laid eyes on it in the new FSJ inspiration book at convention, I KNEW, absolutely 100% that it would be one of the first sets on my MUST HAVE LIST!  I love these little guys!  They are too stinkin' adorable and yeah, they're perfect for this teacher right here!  I could imagine all kinds of fun scenes and adventures...without that Big Bad Wolf..Hey wait!  Where is he???  OH man, we need a wolf and the houses too!  I'd better suggest that to the FSJ team!  

So I waited...and I waited...and I waited for my stamps sets to come in and when they finally did, I ran right up to my craft room and started coloring!  
I love the way my Copic markers create crisp and vibrant colors onto stamped images so I decided to use them to color my piggie.  He was just so fun to color!  After coloring him, I fussy cut him out and added some foam squares onto the back and set him aside so I could think...and ponder what to do with him.  

Then today...It hit me!  WAHOO!!! My watercolor pencils showed up in my mailbox last night and it would be the PERFECT opportunity to play with them!  I ran back up to my craft room and got to work.  MMMM...Sooo yummy.  The Color Splash watercolor pencils are AHHHH MAZING!  Yes, I'm in love...again!  
I just had so much fun creating this scene for my little piggie.   The colored panel is 5x5 and the perfect size to mount on a card...or so I planned...He had other plans though.  He wanted to be FRAMED!  So I added a watercolor wash to the 8x8 background paper, stamped the flannel background, embossed that with white embossing powder, added some more watercolor and mounted the image onto the panel.  It fit perfectly in the frame!
You can BARELY make it out but his eyes and toenails are glossy!  Doodling is fun too, so I added a few doodled pieces of grass and weeds with my Micron Multiliner Pen, then added some Pineapple Smoothie, Sweet Berry and Butter Cream acrylic paint for the "flowers".
I created the clouds after making the first swipes with the watercolors.  I dabbed Clear Pigment Ink onto the paper with my fingers (Can you find my fingerprints??) then applied Journey White Embossing Powder, then heat set it.  After that, I applied another layer of watercolor wash over that to allow more color to hit the underside of the clouds and the crevices.

So there you have it...My ultimate favorite piggie portrait!  What do you think?  Don't you just love this little piggie set?  How about the watercolor pencils???  You can get everything featured in this post (except for the Shadowbox frame I got at WalMart) in my shop.  I've attached links to the products used, so have fun shopping!

FSJ Products Featured:  

Non FSJ supplies:
Micron Black Ink Pen
Copic Markers (colors coming soon)
8x8 Memory Box Frame (Wal Mart)

3 comments:

  1. Just too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. I appreciate it so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Kerry! The background you created is awesome! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry