Sunday, July 24, 2016

Journaling Galatians 5:13-15...

Today's Bible verse that displayed on my phone comes from Galatians 5 verses 13-15.  The verse hit home with me and I knew it would become the journaling project of the day.  
I've been avoiding the news media for several weeks now because all it seems to present is sadness, anger, unrest and EVIL.  I just can't take it...so I turn everything off.  These verses really hit me and made me want to shout them from the rooftops, from my car, from the school hallway...heck...even the bathroom!  Anywhere my voice will travel, I want to shout these verses!  
I wondered how I could present the verses in artistic form in my Art Bible and decided that I should just immerse myself in creating...Love...just do what I love...That's what it's about really!  So I grabbed some of my new HUGE stencils and started adding some clear embossing ink...then I added clear and white embossing powders.  After that, I added some watercolor wash using my new FSJ watercolors.  I am REALLY LOVING these pencils.  They blend perfectly and are so easy to use.  
After adding the watercolor wash, I moved on to stamping the borders with black Versafine Onyx ink and applied some Journey Gold and Journey Silver Embossing powders.  These metallic powders are the most shiny metallic I've seen and they gave my page the perfect LOVE factor I was looking for.
Of course, no journaling page of mine would be complete without pencil journaling.  I journaled over the embossed dots- which in hindsight probably should have been done first...but oh well...go with the flow...On page left, I added some layering embellishments, stamped images and some loops of taupe thread.  For some reason, I tend to work on page right first, then move over to page left...  I've also noticed that most of my favorite verses are found on page right...Interesting, I think.  
If you look closely at this page, you'll see that I used a leaf stencil.  I stenciled the leaf first and added clear embossing powder...I wish I had added white powder- but I really don't like to cover the text on my bible...so I guess, it's ok.  I also had an oops- and that's why you see the "Lead Me" sentiment on the page... My ink pad tipped over and rubbed against the page.  I tried turning it into an "on purpose" by adding some silver embossing powder and some additional black "ink pad marks" but I'm not sure it hides the "oops"!  
A little sparkle on the watercolored/stamped flowers gave them dimension and texture...So much of what I love.
And yes, gotta add some of my yummy candy dots...they were the perfect color for this spread!  :)

FSJ Products Used:
Vellum (punched with our Punch Tool and a scalloped circle)

Non FSJ Products Used:  
Crossway Journaling Bible
Wilton Candy wrappers
Pencil
Graph paper
kraft cardstock
Taupe thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry