Monday, July 4, 2016

Freedom...

Hey Journey friends!

It's a yucky, soggy, rainy Fourth of July here in Virginia and I had no plans to go out this year so I decided to head up to my crafty room and search for Freedom in my Bible...There were quite a few verses that refer to Freedom in the Bible, but I felt this one spoke to me the most today:

1 Peter 2:16-17
After finding the perfect verse, I thought about which medium I would use to bring my interpretation to life.  I selected some old dried out Inka-Gold inks by Viva Decor.  I used Lava Red, Cobalt Blue and Silver.  I have quite a collection of inks and coloring tools and hadn't used them in years.  I just had to add a little bit of water to refresh them and they were good to go.  I started out prepping the pages (and the verse) with a little rubbing of  Journey Gel Medium and a light wash of Gesso.  
It may be difficult to see in the photo above but this page spread is quite shimmery!  The Inka-Gold has a metallic finish and when painted onto the paper, it shimmered and shined...too much actually. I had to mute it down a bit with a Gesso wash and applied some extra sheen here and there.  After applying the Inka-Gold, I stamped my star images (From the Star Bright set) using Black Licorice ink.  Blasting it with the heat gun allowed for a quick-dry and I was off to layer some more!  
If you look closely, you can also see that I applied some "fishnet" background (Retired) stamping along with my penciled journaling. After adding a bit of splattering from some Journey Silver Silk and Liquitex Metallic Silver paint, I blopped a few droplets of Journey Glaze onto the panels.  I also added some Red and Silver Stickles here and there.  When all was dry, I rubbed a bit of Silver Rub-n-Buff onto the edges.  When burnished it gives an amazing metallic effect to the edges.  A little wood clip with some fun Candy Apple Statin ribbon and Tinsel Trim Ribbon finished this side off.  
While working on the left side, I also made sure to work on the right side at the same time.  I find doing both sides at the same time gives me a more cohesive look and I can avoid some temptations from my muse to add more or do something different.  After this side was done, I added a little embellishment of Cranberry Bliss cardstock, Fam Bam Clips and some Tinsel Trim Ribbon.  That finished the spread off!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry