Saturday, March 5, 2016

Coffee Buzzzzz...

I'm a member of the Coffee Loving Papercrafters group on Facebook and for a couple months now, I've been participating in a coffee lovers themed cardmaking pal exchange.  A fellow stamper partners us up at the beginning of each month and we create and send a special card featuring coffee...of course.

This month, I decided to do a little experimenting with my Journey Emojis.  I wanted to create a little shaker card using the coffee mug icon in the set.  I love how I can use these little images in my cards. Using them in a shaker just made this card sooo much more fun!  It's as if I had the coffee BUZZZZ and shakes, if you know what I mean.
Selecting a perfect combo of products for this card was the first step in my play session. Dark Roast ink, Yummy Prints paper, Kraft Cardstock, Bubble Gum cardstock, Natural Journey Thread, Jute, Copics and some yummy stamps!
A closer peek at the shaker part...I diecut a white oval and stamped "Lucky Me, I have you" from the Green Cheers set (available at 20% off this March) and also used Candy Shop "mmm..." in the background using Bubble Gum ink.  After stamping the background, I applied adhesive foam to the back of my Oval diecut/pierced (20% off this March!) Bubble Gum cardstock , added some Clear View Sheet, trimmed it up a bit then popped a few of the coffee cups strategically on the white stamped panel of the shaker.  I filled the rest of the coffee cups in the shaker, added some Sparkle Dust and some pink and teal sequins and put the lid on the shaker...  It's fun to just sip a cup of coffee and shake, shake, shake the card.  You should try it!

Take a closer peek at the bottom ruffle too...That was created using a coffee filter.  Just another fun little element to help this little card tell her story!  :)

Thank you to my fellow coffee lover Larissa!  She sent me this gorgeous card.  I love the kraft (You probably know how much I use my kraft cardstock!).
Thanks for stopping by.  Remember, this month is LUCKY ME month where you can get 20% off GREEN items in the FSJ shop.  I used TWO of those items in my card featured today!  Make sure to take advantage of this awesome deal!  :)  See you again soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry