Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Not Just Donuts!

Hello there Journey Friends!  I'm back with a little bit more detail about my cards from the FSJ Journey Blog Hoppers March hop.  I know that many times in blog hops, folks are hopping so fast, they forget to read the lengthy tutorials, informationals and chatter from posters, so I thought posting a separate "wordy" post about each card might help those who want to find out more about my fun projects!  SOOO...Here goes with card # 2.
A little bit o' Sunshine!
This card was so fun!  I was inspired to create some "flowers" using the frosting stamp from the Donut set.   I thought it would be fun to use some sunshiney colors too.   The green sprinkles gave a little added color and helped set off the bright colors.  
To lighten up the SUNSHINE, I applied a "shade" by adding a panel of black star vellum.  I also used remnants from a star border diecut along the top edge of the paper.  My cards are never complete without a bit of ribbon so I added some Black Licorice satin ribbon to finish it off.
And of course, I had to add a few "rolled" flowers to the photo shoot... After all, we ARE supposed to be gettin' Springgggy here, right?  :)
Supplies Used:  
Stamps:  Donut Worry
Inks:  Sweet Pear (ON SALE!), Limeade Splash (ON SALE!), Lemon Drop, Watermelon Fusion, Citrus Cooler
Cardstock:  Lemon Drop, Whip Cream, Black Licorice
Printed Paper:  Designer Vellum Prints
Ribbon/Fibers:  Black Licorice Satin Ribbon
Adhesives:  Journey Craft Glue, White Liner Tape


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry