Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Irish Dancer Part 3...

Hello Journey friends,

Here's the final card in my Irish Dancer collection.  Quite a simple card really. 

I decided to focus on the sentiment this time.  As all of the sentiments tug at my heartstrings, I think this one is just so inspiring and encouraging.  I added a little scalloped banner (cut from the Banner dies and Whipped Cream cardstock).  
I love the look of tone-on-tone so I used the Pineapple Splash ink to stamp the ballerina repeatedly on a piece of Oatmeal Cookie cardstock.  As I was stamping, I couldn't help but remember the tessellated designs I made in Fabric Design class in college- The image fits so nicely in a repeated/staggered pattern on paper- and there's just a hint of color created with the inking.
Adding some Journey Glaze and Journey sparkles to the banner die was almost the finishing touch...It needed some gold.  I added a little piece of gold ribbon along the edge of the banner, then applied two little bows on each edge.  
If you're collecting Inspiration pages for this set, here's another inspiration page I created for this card.  I've included a list of everything you need to complete this card (minus the acrylic blocks and the paper cutter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry