Thursday, February 26, 2015

Shine...

Hello Journey friends,

Today I'm sharing a card that I was thinking about all the while I was making my President's Day card.  I wanted to use the beautiful flag image as sun rays- or a spotlight and was planning the design in my head the whole time I was making the other card.  

It's funny how my mind works- I can't do two things at once (chew gum and walk, drive and talk, type and listen) but somehow I can be planning a new card design while I'm making another card. I'm not really sure what that means about my creative connections in my brain I just know that I'm constantly making connections and thinking, thinking, thinking...

I used the Direct-To-Stamp inking method to ink just the stripes on the AMERICAN SUN stamp with Lemon Drop ink. I stamped it smack dab in the middle of some Whip Cream cardstock.  After that, I stamped the sentiment from the January Kit of the Month (not available in the catalog for a few more months) over those rays.    
After finishing the stamped panel, I trimmed it up and mounted it on Black Licorice cardstock.  Then mounted that panel onto Lemon Drop cardstock.  

Stamping the Star from the January Kit of the Month was next.  I used Whip Cream cardstock and Black Licorice ink again.  I cut out the star image (I would have used the star dies but I don't have them yet!) and added some Journey Glaze onto the black sripes.  While that dried, I added some black Journey Twine onto the card panel before mounting it to the Black Licorice card base.  
To finish off the card I added some Journey Sparkle Dust to the sun rays, opalescent sequins (from the Journey Sequins Blue Skies set) with some Orange Stickles.
I hope you enjoyed this project.  Tomorrow I'll be back to share another card i created using this same theme.

1 comment:

  1. Kerry this is amazing. I love the "rays". I had to order the stamp today. Thanks for nuttin'. Tee hee!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry