Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Tutu Fest...

A couple days ago I found my Kit of The Month for February in my mailbox and yesterday, I had a fabulous snow day of crafting!  I made all of the cards (with slight modifications) and am excited to now have this set to play with FOREVER!

For the rest of February, I will be posting pictures of the cards I made as well as new projects using this adorable set.  As a treat to all my stamping friends, I'll also be including some fun FREE tutorial pages you might want to keep for inspiration.  You'll be able to print them and include them in your inspiration binder.

So here's the first of the four cards from the kit.
I used Copics to color the ballerina.  Since most people in my family have brown hair, I chose to color her hair with a mix of taupes and tans.  Her dress was colored with just a few pinks- and a pale purple (which is actually pink).  When colored and cut out, I added pop dots and some Stardust Stickles over the curls in her hair and on her tutu.  I opted to use this instead of my Journey Sparkle dust because I wanted a hint of sparkle and I could control it with the pen tip.  
I wanted to create a bit more variety in the paper designs for the top layout so I stamped Damask Print on one layer using Versamagic Pixie Dust ink then added more distressing to soften the card.  
The final touch was the little clothes pin and twine included in the kit.  I added one opalescent sequin and a bit-o-bling.  
If you're interested in joining the Kit of the Month Club, check out the flyer on the sidebar over there ---->. The kit includes Instructions to make four cards, all the materials you need to create this card (minus the inks, copics and sequins/bling) and three other cards that I will be sharing with you in the coming days.  All papers and dies are precut for you and packaged nicely in a zip-closure bag.  Envies included!  

***Please note, this stamp set is not available for stand-alone purchase in the catalog until three months.  So to get it before it hits the catalog, order your kit before March 1!

Non FSJ Products used: 
Opalescent Sequin/Bling
Stardust Stickles
Tsukeniko Pixie Pink Chalk ink,
Copic Markers:  Pale Purple RV000,Sugared Almond Pink RV02, Pale Cherry Pink R11, Rose Pink R85; Skin White E00, Barely Beige E11, Baby Skin Pink E21, Sand E33, Fig E87; Yellowish Shade YR20
FSJ Shopping List:

To Make MORE than ONE of each card here is a list of items to consider:  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry