Wednesday, October 28, 2015

beBrave

This month I've been contributing cards to several different card drives for Cancer Awareness Month.  I created the following cards for the beBrave drive at Fun Stampers Journey:
I played around with my new favorite stencil Bloom Wall ($6.95) and some cheap white Apple Barrel acrylic paint and added some reinkers Sweet Berry ($5.95) and Beach Breeze ($5.95) and to change the color.  I wanted the ink underneath to be really messy so I just applied some paint to the stencil and slapped it on the Sweet Berry paper over and over...After applying the messy stenciling, I overlayed the "neat" stenciling on top with a heavy application of white paint and one of the plastic panels from the HOPE ATS stamp ($7.95) I used acted as the "spatula".  
I'm one for layers upon layers of cardstock as I create my cards, so it was fun to keep assembling the layers here. I also offset the ribbon using the pierced oval diecut.  
Adding a little charm tied to the satin ribbon bow just finished it off.  If you look close enough, you can see that the pink ribbon was heat embossed with over three layers of clear embossing powder. YUM!
The second card was created with the leftovers from the card above.  I didn't want to toss the extra strip of stenciled pink paper so I decided to create a "strippy card" with other scraps on my workdesk. 
 As you can see, I splattered, spritzed, tore, and stamped.  SOOO FUN!  PS...I had to use a Mat knife to cut the inside of the ribbon...I think FSJ needs to come out with a coordinating die for this stamp (PLEASE!).
Stop back again for a few more cards I created for this special card drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry