Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Missing You...

I'm feeling a bit lonesome nowadays...My parents moved away and I find myself wanting to head over to their house just for a visit...That doesn't work so well because there is nobody there anymore...I'm looking forward to the holidays when I can take a trip to visit with and SEE them... Until then, I have to rely on visiting on the phone, sending snail mail and just keeping myself busy during no-work days.  

I created this card on Sunday...my Scraps Day.  On Sundays, I spend time up in my craft room listening to a local Praise music radio station and using up the scraps on my crafting table.  

For this card, I wanted to create a water colored background.  I pulled my cheap-o palette of inks and went to town with the blues and the greens.  I decided to overstamp some Elegant Borders background stamps on the edge and use the Postage Stamp ATS too.  Using Huckleberry Fusion ink was the perfect match.  I also grabbed a scrap of patterned cardstock (the back is an orange color) and crinkled it up before applying it to the card.  Since some orange was peeking through, I thought I'd give some added orange to the matting so that the patterned paper would coordinate more completely with the whole design.  
Diecutting, shaping and heat embossing the flower (Spring Filled Bundle) was the next step.  I first adhered some tissue paper to the green cardstock before diecutting so that the green coloring would be more muted.  After diecutting, I applied a splattering of gold and white embossing powder to the petals (and the standard brass brad (from Staples).
I had a few scraps of graph paper and some golden ribbon so I used that too.  Gold goes sooo well with this rich green and blue, don't you think?!  I finished the card off with some splattering of gold silk and that was it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry