Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hope You Can Cling To Challenge: Mosaics

Hey stamping friends!

Today's my day to host a challenge in the Hope You Can Cling To month-long challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com.  I'm so excited to be able to host a challenge there, and it's my first time doing so!  I've had so much fun playing in the challenges thus far and have been inspired by all the beautiful creations stampers from around the world have contributed to this event!

So here's my challenge:

Mosaics...I love them!  Whether they're the traditional repeated squares or the more elaborate artistic representations of scenes and portraits, I love mosaics!

The challenge:  Do a Google Image Search of MOSAIC TILES.   Look through the images and select one (or more) that inspires you.  Create a card incorporating a mosaic element using your search image as inspiration. Upload your card to the HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO CHALLENGE and include a link/your inspiration image.  Use the hashtag #HYCCT15 on all social media platforms.

SO HERE ARE MINE!

Inspiration Image 1:  Repeated Circles!

Inspiration Image 2:  Flower Formation!
 
Inspiration Image 3:  Ombre Wash!

So...I picked the first mosaic to inspire my creation and here's how it turned out:  
Take a closer look at those circles.  I swiped several FSJ colors over a white cardstock then used a paper punch to punch out a bazillion circles.  LOL.  Then I painstakingly adhered each and every circle to the card base using a large needle.  After about a million hours, I trimmed the edges straight and used some buttercream ink to mute the color a bit.
 After that, I added some sparkle (Stickles) to some random circles.   The negative die-cut was from a previous project so it came in handy.
Notice the heart?  That's from the freebie set I got at the Scrapbook Expo. It was so very happy to be used again.  And...Yay...I finally used one of those wooden sentiments!  Shhhh...don't tell I was hoarding them.  

Hope you join me in making some cards for a great cause!  Remember, whatever you create, create with your heart!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry