Thursday, July 6, 2017

Didn't Make the Cut Part 2: Scrapbook Layout

Hey there Journey Friends,

Today I'm beginning the massive share of a selection of projects I created to submit to Richard Garay's Designer Showcase.  I was excited when he announced the call and started working on some special projects immediately.  I compiled all my projects into a gallery on my team FB page (JOIN TEAM ITCHIN INKERS TODAY!) so that I could get the input of my fellow team members who would then vote on the ones I should submit.  It was important to me to get their input and was my first stage in my project submission process.

Today I'm sharing the projects that "Didn't Make The Cut" by my team.  Although I LOVE all of the projects I proposed for this call,  I could only submit two cards and one scrapbooking design, so I am so grateful to my team for helping me make the final decisions! As with all of my project shares on my blog, I will share ONE PROJECT PER POST as they will include my creative process and additional photos.

Here's a fun 8x8 (or increased to 12x12 with proper mounting/framing) scrapbook layout created with a favorite memory photo...I LOVE SNOW and so does my NIECE!
To create this layout I started off my inking my GelPress and a Brayer with Sweet Berry and Butter Cream Acrylic Paint.  I Pressed Whip Cream Cardstock onto this to lift the ink.  After the layers were set to my satisfaction, I used Whip Cream ink to stamp the starburst image from the Sparkle Trim stamp set (This set is available in a stamp/die bundle too).
After creating the background, I used my sewing machine to stitch a meandering stitch all over the page.  This acted as my base for my layout.
I stamped the burst image and the heart using Watermelon Fusion and Bubble Gum ink then used dies to cut them out. I made sure to keep the negatives from these burst cuts so that I could use them in my layout.  I loved the little striped edge they created!  I also diecut various snowflakes from the Snow Burst Die Set so that I could incorporate them in my layout design.  
Next, I stamped the fun sentiment from the Hello Love Stamp Set  (also available in Stamp/Die bundle) using Black Licorice ink and diecut it with the coordinating die.  I don't often use sentiment dies, but I love how this one curls the edges ever so slightly to create a "puffy" illusion.
It took a bit of time to be content with the layout of the circles but when I did, I applied some Small Foam Squares and adhered them into place. Before that was done, I added a strip of Silver Sparkle Washi for fun!
Adding a few pearls to the layout was the finishing touch.  Since this is an 8x8 layout, there are many options to build this up to the 12x12 layout size I usually frame.  Pictured above, you can see it with the background from the Romantic Journey Prints.  I also tried it against some Buttercream cardstock and it looked just as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry