Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Give it a Go! Part 3...

Hey there Journey Friends,

Today I'm beginning the massive share of a selection of projects I created to submit to Richard Garay's Designer Showcase.  I was excited when he announced the call and started working on some special projects immediately.  I compiled all my projects into a gallery on my team FB page (JOIN TEAM ITCHIN INKERS TODAY!) so that I could get the input of my fellow team members who would then vote on the ones I should submit.  It was important to me to get their input and was my first stage in my project submission process.

First, I'll be sharing the projects that "Made the Cut" by my team.  Although I LOVE all of the projects I proposed for this call,  I could only submit two cards and one scrapbooking design, so I am so grateful to my team for helping me make the final decisions!  After the three projects are entered tonight, I'll be back tomorrow to share the projects I created that "didn't make the cut".  So pop back over tomorrow to see them.  As with all of my project shares on my blog, I will share ONE PROJECT PER POST as they will include my creative process and additional photos.

So here's my Scrapbook Design (I submitted three different designs to my team and this is the one they liked most.  They enjoyed that it was incorporating the use of my planner...another use for your planner YES YES!

This is a two page spread and as such, it's a challenge to photograph detail without splitting the pages up...So you'll see this spread mentioned as "Page Left" and "Page Right".  That's how I prefer to photograph my spreads.

So anyway, I started out by selecting a few of my favorite photos from a summer vactation house I rented on Holmes Beach a few summers ago.  These photos hadn't been used yet so it was a nice opportunity to scrap them for this call.  I like to take "square photos" so they can be easily scrapped and posted online so these four photos fit the Planner Moments Photo Variety pages perfectly!  FSJ introduced some planner sleeves with our new catalog launch and they work perfectly for quick and easy Planner Scrabooking.  I love this form of scrapbooking because it's so portable and fun to share while on the go.
 My Brushed Cool Pool A5 Planner is perfect for my Beachy/Summer Layouts.  I love the color and the shimmer and shine make it stand out against the rest!  I incorporated the use of text I typed on my computer (I'm a bit finicky about handwritten sentiments in my planner and prefer  to type most of my reflections using fun fonts).  As you probably have noticed in many of my other creations, I have a love affair with graph paper too so I used that as a background banner to contain my sentiments. It's easy to embellish and easy to attach using foam squares.  
As a die-hard stamper (and colorer), My pages wouldn't be complete without a little stamping!  I selected a fun Let's Hula stamp set (this set is available as a stamp/die bundle too) and the awesome Tape It planner stamp set to add some fun to this spread. I colored the coconut drink with Liquid Color and added a bit of Sparkle Silk and Journey Glaze for the "ice".  MMM....
I added a few pops of Lemon Drop cardstock color to hint at the sun.  It worked well to add a pop of color and to let the sentiment stand out against the blues and the water elements.  The 1 inch punched circle with the sun stamped in Black Licorice ink also gave a little contrast from all the squares in this design.  
A few Pearls,  Some Sweet Candy Drops and Natural Journey Thread give this spread the finishing touches!  

All of the products used in this Scrapbook spread can be purchased in my shop by clicking on the highlighted text in this post.  I hope you enjoyed this share today and please wish me luck as I Give It a GO! in hopes of making it to round 2!  

Ps...I'll be back tomorrow to share the additional projects that were proposed for the call...I'm wondering...Would you have aligned your vote with my team?  Or...are do you have another favorite? I'll be interested in hearing from you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry