Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Fourth of July!

Hello there Journey Friends!

Sending you July 4th sparkles and pops!  Hope it is fun...and the BOOMS are kept to a minimum.  :)

This was a fun (and quick) card to create!  I started out by creating a star-shaped card base using Whip Cream Cardstock.  I then applied a Mirror Silver Cardstock star shape to the top using the largest Star-Dom star die.  After that, I diecut some star strips from the Border Details Die Set using some Rich Coral and Catalina Splash Cardstock.  I tied these strips and some sparkly Twinkle Trim with some Black Twine and a scrap of Candy Apple Red Satin Ribbon to create a fun and festive embellishment spray.  I popped that up on the star using some Small Foam Squares and one little Sparkle Drop.

I just love how crisp and clean the letters cut!  They are very sturdy and hold up well without risk of bends on this paper!
To finish the card off, I diecut the U.S.A using Mirror Gold cardstock and the Journey Serifs Steel Rule Die stamped (with Denim Days and Rich Coral Ink) a few polkadotty stars from the Star Bright Stamp Set.  It's such a well-loved set in my collection.

It's so fun creating a non-traditional shaped card so I encourage you to take your dies and use them for card bases!  You'll be glad you did!

All products used to create this festive card can be purchased in my shop.  Just click on the item names to go directly to the product!  :)  Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry