Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Capture the Moment...

Hello Journey Friends,

Today I'm sharing a little project I created using some of the newest images, patterned papers and embellishments from the Fun Stampers Journey catalog.  I am so in love with this image and the pretty pastel papers in this collection.  It's so sweet and girly! This card features stamps in the Going Places Collection. This collection is all about capturing memories along your life's journey...Enjoy the ride!   Patterned paper for this card was selected from the Journey Basics Pastels Pack.  It's a yummy collection of six (double-sided) designs.   
I stamped the Capture the Moment image onto Whip Cream cardstock.  It was colored with Copic markers and blinged up with Journey Glaze and Sparkle Dust.  The patterned paper is double sided so I featured both sides of the paper on this card.  I flipped the yellow chevron over to reveal the pink zigs, then softened up the paper by crumpling it up repeatedly.  By breaking down the fibers of the pink zigs paper, I was able to manipulate it like fabric.  I also added a bit of tissue paper behind the popped up image to accentuate the softness of the card theme.  
I added a little fluff line between her arms (with a black mutiliner pen) as I wanted to carry her "off the shoulder fluff" across her whole body.  Adding a few bits of Copic stippling helped mimic a bokeh effect that I love in photography.  I distressed the wooden button up a bit too.  Before tying off with natural twine and Bubble Gum Journey Thread, I rubbed the button with Butter Cream ink to chic it up a bit.
The Cool Pool satin ribbon pulled out a bit of the color in the image and helps complete the triad colorway.

Copic Colors Used:
Skin/Hair:  E02, 30, 33, 34, 53; YR0000; Y32
Clothes:  RV32, 42; R000; B0000; B01
Camera:  B0000, C-3
Micron Pen 01

2 comments:

  1. Kerry, wow another super too cute card! Really love your lay out here. Great job! Your so clever!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a yummy treat for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry