Monday, June 15, 2015

To Infinity & Beyond!

Hello Journey Friends,

I'm popping in today to share a fun card I created with new goodies available in our catalog!  At convention, I fell in love at first sight with the Infinity & Beyond ATS when I spied it in the catalog and was soooo excited it was included in a convention bundle!  So fun!  It was definitely going to be the first image I inked up after coming home from convention.  Sooo..Wanna see what I made???
I first started out by coloring the image with Copic markers (B97; BG05; YR04; Y15; R14; FBG2; C1, 5,7).  As I don't have the blender pens or blending solution yet (Boo hoo! They were scooped up at convention and I missed out.), I went to one of my favorite coloring methods to color the adorable stamped image on Whip Cream Cardstock. After that was done, I popped it up and glossed/sparkled it up.  Then it was on to my background.

The background technique I used on the tag will be featured in an upcoming online tutorial so watch for it.  I will say that I used the following reinkers in my background:  Denim Days, Green Olive, Sweet Berry, Lemon Grass, Beach Breeze.  I also used a bit of Butter Cream ink for some "Milky Way".  I love how all the color creates a fabulous "deep space" effect.

You can also see that I used my new SILVER Fusion ink pad for the sentiment.  It stamped a bit juicy the first go round- but as the ink soaks deeper into the pad, it'll change.
Next, I inserted the tag into a Note Pocket die (cut from Denim Days cardstock with an Green Olive panel.)  I stamped the River Stone A2 cardstock base with River Stone ink using the Star Bright set.  It's a PERFECT combo to this adorable little image!
Adding a trio of Sparkle Drops and Journey Glaze/Sparkle Dust to the image helped to tie the "spacy" theme together.  I just LOVE the sparkle!
PS...When you lift the tag, the sentiment "Reach for the Stars" (from the Star Bright set) is revealed! I hope you find inspiration in this project and it also brings a little smile.  I'll be back again tomorrow to show another little treat.  I'm enjoying this crafty day with my new goodies!!!

PSS...Remember...With EVERY $50.00 order, you qualify for your choice of Gifts With Purchase: Check all of them out HERE:  GWP Stamps, GWP Embellishments, Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry