Sunday, April 26, 2015

Going, Going, Gone!

Hey Journey Friends,

Today I'm sharing a little thank you card I created using a fun background stamp that is retiring soon. Don't let the stamps name fool you!  It's not JUST for Halloween!

I love this background stamp because it has TONS of bottles to choose from.  Pick your favorite bottle to feature, stamp it, color it and fill it with...FLOWERS!  :)
I stamped the whole background image onto Oatmeal Cookie cardstock with Oatmeal Cookie ink. Then I distressed the edges a bit with a DRY Versafine Onyx pad...Yep, I use an old dried up pad to distress.  It's my favorite distressing tool!  When it gets too dry, I just tap the new pad onto the felt and it refreshens it just a tiny bit.  I set the card base aside and started working on the stamped/colored panel.  I used Butter Cream Cardstock for the "colorable images".  They were colored with my copic markers and distressed again with my dry pad.  I colored a larger panel too and will be sharing that at a later date.  The colored image was mounted on a Pretty Pansy cardstock rectangle that I cut using my Journey Rectangles.  
I wanted to feature one of the bottles in my sentiment section of my card so I selected my favorite bottle (On the TOP SHELF, of course) and colored it in, cut it out, and stamped the "Thank You" sentiment (From the Gifted Wings set) lightly on the label.  I always keep some diecut blooms available at my workstation and this was the perfect place to add one.  A little posy in the bottle, blinged up with a Sparkle Drop and tied with Black Journey Twine a little homemade tag.  :)  Adding foam squares to the bottle, Journey Circle Die and the flower (from Spring Blooms Mini) helped to give the sentimental portion just the spotlight it needed.  :)
The Potion Shelf background stamp is available while supplies last.  Once the supply is depleted, it will be gone forever!  It is discounted in the retirement sale (along with other background stamps) and you can grab yours for $8.33.  Because of the retirement sale, if you purchase THREE retiring background sets, you can get them for the combined price of $25.00.  Every Retirement order will receive an Up-Up-and-Away embellishment pack for free!  The last day to purchase these retiring items is May 31, 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry