Saturday, April 18, 2015

Reach for the Stars!

Hello Journey friends,

I'm back with another fun project I created with this month's color challenge and sketch challenge in mind.
I had some tiny scraps laying around when I trimmed my paper (I used the color challenge colors of Sweet Pear, River Stone, Pool Play and Rich Coral) to size and decided to turn them into a cute little embellishment!  I curled up the strips using a large needle then added some sequins and a cute little blue bell to the bunch. I tied the bunch together with black quilting thread and some black Journey twine.  It was glued to a little flower (Spring Bloom Minis) I had left from another project.  

You probably notice that my stars (from the Star Bright set and Banner Party) are speckly.  This was achieved by mixing some opaque white embossing powder with some clear embossing powder.  I stamped the stars using Versamark ink then embossed with the powder mixture.  I think it gives the images a much more unexpected and non-traditional look...Totally FUN for this card!    I also added the pennant to follow the "strip" on the original sketch challenge.  
The sentiment was stamped in two layers onto Whip Cream cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment first with Sweet Pear ink then I bumped it up a bit with River Stone ink.  Adding some sequins was the final touch in bringing the Par-Tay to this card.  It also helped me complete Rose's weekly FSJ Coach challenge on FB to incorporate the use of sequins. MMMM!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerry! Thank you so much for your sweet reply to my entry for Creative Bloom! I love your makes, I see so much creativity in there! All the best and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry