Friday, April 3, 2015

Butterfly Dreams...

Hello journey friends.

I spent some time in my stamping room last night creating my card for the sketch challenge I'm hosting at www.creativebloomsjourney.blogspot.com.  Each month there is a sketch and a color challenge.  It takes some time to get the colors in the mail (I order the papers and the inks each month to match the color challenge) so while I wait for those, I work on projects using the sketch.  It also helps pass the time as I wait patiently for the Kit of the Month!

Speaking of the Kit of the Month, I noticed that the colors I selected for the color challenge will work perfectly for that set!  WOO!!!  I'm excited about that!!!

So let's get on with the show...Here's the sketch:
And here's my card:
I love triptych cards!  The main images come from the Gifted Wings stamp set.  They were stamped onto Buttercream cardstock with a retired brown ink.  I also used the Newsprint background (stamped on Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock with Oatmeal Cookie ink) and the little stripes from the Banner Party set. To color the butterfly, I used some chalk pastels with a Q-Tip.  I finished the image off by using Copics to create dimension and added color.  
Looking closely at the edges of the panels, you'll notice I added some Antique Gold Rub-n-Buff.  I love that stuff!  A little goes a long way and when it's rubbed on the edge of the paper it creates a beautiful shine in the light. I added some sparkle too...Just because I LOVE sparkle.  :)
Here you can see the way I layered my three panels.  The middle panel was glued directly to the center of the card front panel.  The two side panels were popped up using foam dots.  I also distressed those edges with Rub-n-Buff.  
I applied taupe seam binding to the card front, then attached it to a Deep Lilac A2 card base I glued the sentiment circle to the top of the bow to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry