Friday, April 17, 2015

Make-Live-Share.. Support Mission!


Hello again Journey friends, I'm back to share some details about my Make Live Share event.  This event will be an opportunity for many people in my community/school to come together in support of families of deployed service members.  Growing up as a child of a Navy officer, I know all too well how difficult it can be when a parent is on deployment.  

Some of my students are currently experiencing a deployment and I know their sense of overflowing pride, secret sadness and fears of the unknown.  I also know the significant struggle and stress the spouse endures.  I want to help support their families through my Make-Live-Share experience and let them know that we are here to support them during this difficult but very important time.  

Just inside these doors, all worries and sadness and fears will turn into laughter and FUN for Moms, Dads, children, teachers, counselors the FSJ family and...a virtual YOU!
I have arranged for families of deployed service members, teachers and counselors to come together for this event.  We will be gathering for fun, fellowship and to begin our MISSION.   A MISSION that will include YOU!  

Not only will we be creating fabulous stamped projects for ourselves, Children will be working hard preparing projects from their hearts too.  We'll also be packing special care packages (that will include cards and letters of thanks and inspiration from our school children and neighboring businesses in our community) that will be mailed to their loved ones on deployment overseas.  

We'll need YOUR help in filling these boxes.  If you would like to participate in PHASE 1 of  this Make-Live-Share event, please send a handmade card (with a note of encouragement, support, thanks or pride) and/or any of the following items in a gallon zip-loc bag.  We will include your contribution in the boxes.  
Care Package Ideas:

*Beef Jerkey
*trail mix
*Pringles (small)
*candy (no mints)
*Snack bars
*Individual Drink mix packets (GatorAde, PowerAde)
*Travel Size Sunscreen
*Travel Size Toothpaste
*Travel Size Baby Wipes
*Ear Buds
*Pens/Stationery/Notepads
*Envelopes
*Magazines
*ChapStick/Lip Balm

If you would like to participate, please leave a comment below or email me at isu.alum@excite.com. I will return in the weeks to come to reveal additional AMAZING details about this event and additonal ways YOU can be a part of my MAKE-LIVE-SHARE event!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry