Thursday, April 30, 2015

Happy End of April Secret Friend!

Hello there Journey stampers,

I'm sharing a special card I created for my secret partner in a swap I'm hosting for FSJ convention/seminar in June.  There are 12 people in this swap and we answered a questionnaire about ourselves.  These questionnaires were swapped out (by me) and each person was assigned a secret partner.  We will reveal ourselves at convention and will give our secret friends a special handmade gift and two cards...One created and shared on April 30, and one created and shared online on May 30.

This kind of swap is fun because you get to learn a lot about stamping friends you just meet, you get to create cards and projects for someone you may or may not have ever met and in the months leading up to seminar/convention, you are having fun and building on the excitement of the event.

Here's the card I created for my special Secret Friend.  I used some new FSJ products I just got in the mail yesterday and I was so excited to play with them.

I almost left the background image black and white...but the poppies called to me...or at least I think they are poppies.  LOL
 I loved tucking the sentiment into the ribbon.
 Pretty little beads tied to the twine give an extra special touch...
I didn't forget about the inside!  
FSJ Materials used:  
Wonderful Day Stamp Set
Oatmeal Cookie Card Base (A2)
Black Licorice Cardstock and Ink
Whip Cream Cardstock
Treat Label Dies
Natural Journey Twine
Sparkle Drops

Non FSJ Materials Used:
Copics:  Flower:  R000, 32, 35; Inside Flower:  E08; Y38, Distressing/Shadowing:  B000; W00, W1
Black Sewing Thread
Black sheer/satin stripe ribbon
Black Versafine Onyx Ink pad for distressing


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous.....Love what you did with the little beads. Your coloring on the flowers is awesome. Can hardly wait til you share what colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry