Friday, April 17, 2015

TANK YOU! FSJCC3

Hello Journey Friends,

Today I'm sharing a special card I created after finalizing the details of my Make-Live-Share event with my Fun Stampers Journey family in Arizona.  Tomorrow I will be back to share some of the first details about my event...so stay tuned.

I used the adorable little fellow from the April Kit of the Month set "Hello Sunshine".  I colored him decked out in Camo and added some fun military inspired elements.  
After cutting out the circle with my new Journey Circle dies, I stamped the Oatmeal Cookie base with the "TANK YOU" ATS and some Oatmeal Cookie ink.  After that I sprinkled some Gold Silk onto the paper.  I stitched black thread through the holes to finish off the front panel. 

I used Sweet Pear paper for the background layer.  Stamping the "INK SPLAT" ATS onto the paper using Sweet Pear ink just gave it additional dimension and texture.  I added a little 24/7 from Bezel Block randomly on the back with River Stone ink.  I popped the oatmeal cookie layer up onto the pear layer using pop dots.  After that, it was on to coloring the boy.  I colored him using E00, 02, 31, 35; Y26; YG97; G12.  He was fussy cut then popped to the inside of the circle to hide the saiboat image not necessary for this card.  
I decided to incorporate a star on the strip of colored papers.  This allowed me to use some Rich Coral ink, Gold Silk and some Journey Glaze to embellish the Star from the Star Bright set.  The stamped top layer was attached to a River Stone layer then I applied the whole panel to a 5x5 Rich Coral card base.  
And not to forget about the inside of the card, i stamped the TankYou tank using Oatmeal Cookie ink and the sentiment with River Stone.  So perfectly perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry