Saturday, March 28, 2015

Butterfly dreams...

Hello Journey friends,

Today I'm dreaming...Dreaming of Seminar in June, Dreaming of Yummy and Delicious Tour in August...I can't wait for these events to come, and dream of the fun that I'll have reacquainting myself with my fellow T.A.C friends and new friends on this new JOURNEY...  Since they're both a bit of time away, I thought I would bring some dreams to life in my stamping room...with a little help of treasured memories AND my new stamps.  :)
I created the butterfly jar as soon as my set arrived several weeks ago but after distressing and aging it up, I couldn't decide on how I wanted to incorporate it onto a card.  It sat on my Copic shelf for several days just calling my name and I think subtly telling me to bring it to life.  
I decided to have the butterfly jar and the sentiment take center stage, framed on a natural colored backdrop of elegant pennants.  The Elegant Borders stamp worked perfectly to blend the stitched frame with the card base and gave some added texture to some otherwise flat cardstock.
I tried to take a photo to capture the subtle shine that is created on the butterfly jar.  Distressing the image after glazed, creates a somewhat muted-less intense shine.  Perfectly suited for the feel I wanted to capture in this card.  The sparkle... Well, I added sparkles to the butterflies before adding the glaze.  This allows the illusion of the butterfly in the jar to continue.  The sparkle is captured, just as the butterfly on the inside.  The butterfly on the lid sparkles and shines outside of the jar and you can FEEL it too.  
Products used on this card:

SS-0040 Gifted Wings
SS-0032 Elegant Borders
DI-0041 Journey Rectangles
IP-0041 Black Licorice Ink
IP-0011 Oatmeal Cookie Ink (Stamping and distressing)
Sponge Dauber
CS-0023 Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock
CS-0040 Whip Cream Cardstock
Unknown Mfg. Peachy cardstock
Copic Markers- E00, 33, 87; G00, BG010; YG41, V09, 20; BV00, 13, 20
Green Ribbon from my stash
AC-0004 Black Licorice Journey Twine
AC-0024 Journey Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry