Sunday, March 29, 2015

Paradise revisited...

Last summer I rented a house on Anna Maria Island (Holmes Beach), FL and spent two relaxing weeks vacationing there with no schedule, no plans, nothing but visions of sand and peace...And that was exactly what it was.

I invited my mom, and my little niece Katie along for the adventure and we had so much fun hanging out by the pool.  (I was even able to bring my pooches along!)

I'm revisiting that vacation by going through photos that I printed and had not done anything with.  I decided to take one of my favorites and complete a scrapbook layout.  If you know me, you know I don't scrapbook.  I prefer the almost-instant gratification of card-making---and sending!  On rare occasions, I create a scrapbook page that I will place in a frame as that is how I prefer to see pages displayed.  I think in my lifetime, I've created no more than five pages.  LOL...Anyway, I love embellishing and playing with paper, so this was my opportunity to play and THAT I DID!  It'll work for this weeks challenge-to create a scrapbook layout!  WOO!  Thanks Rose, for encouraging me to step out of my box.

So here's my page. I used many FSJ products to create this layout.
The Flower and palm fronds were created to mimic the scenery in the photo.  I tend to do that when I'm scrapbooking for some reason.  The palm fronds were hand cut and scored with my Journey Crease Tool.  I love that tool!  So sturdy and creates some crisp score lines!  I created the flowers from the Spring Blooms and the Spring Blooms Minis.  I created the tag freehand, and stamped the "Please Note" and "Wish You Were Here" on it using the Wish in a Bottle set (I cut my sentiment out of the big bottle in that set so it would be more versatile.) 

I'm sure you will notice that I added some distressing to the flowers.  That was achieved by using Butter Cream ink and Sweet Berry ink.  
 The Pink panel was stamped with Sweet Berry ink and the image in the Elegant Borders.
 Here's a closer peek at the tag.  I even added a timestamp in Sweet Berry ink.
I have a few more special photos that will accompany this page.  I hope to have them finished before my Spring Break is over!   

Supplies Used:  
Wish in a Bottle (Not yet available)
Ink:  Coffee Bean (retired), Sweet Berry, Butter Cream
Non FSJ product:  Kraft cardstock, Black Micron pen.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry