Monday, March 2, 2015

Twinchie swap...

Hello Journey friends,

This month I participated in my first Fun Stampers Journey Coach swap hosted by Rose.  I signed up for the swap because it inspired me to create little 2x2 creations...Something I haven't made in YEARS!  What a fun throwback to my Stamp-Shack swapping days!  Brought back a lot of memories.  By now, I hope Rose has received my swap package and is busy sorting and sending off the packages!

Anyway, In creating the six twinchies, I decided I wanted to also create a Thank You card and some treats for Rose, because I know how time consuming it is to plan/host/organize incoming and outgoing swap projects.  I hope she enjoys the extra little treats I put in my package.

This project is a bit artsy I know.  I loved having the freedom to use my Gelli plate and acrylic paints (Coral, Lime Green and Tan) to make my own background paper pattern.  If you look close enough, you can see the Damask Print image floating on the image- I used the stamp to lift ink off of my Gelli plate.


After cutting the Gelli print paper out into the perfect 1 3/4 inch squares, I stamped over them using the little flower spray in the Banner Party set.  I tied up some Black Journey Twine onto the stamped panel, added a black seed bead and then mounted it onto a black 2x2 square.  I added a stamped sentiment from Bezel Blocks and a red sequin with  Gold Stickles.  I hand poked those little holes onto white cardstock then distressed a bit with a dry Versamark Pad (TIP- Don't toss that dry pad- it's a great distressing pad and adds just the perfect hint of black ink on your paper.)  Using a few pop dots to lift the twinchie off the card front, I applied some journey twine in an organic motion (with beads tied to the ends) then I adhered the twinchie so it would take center stage...
Here's a close-up of the twinchie design I created for this swap.  I created two extra twinchies so I could mount them onto cards...Yes, that's how I like to display my twinchies- as centerpieces on a card!
And what's on the inside?  A Thank You sentiment from the Thank You ATS set.

Want to see how my twinchies were packaged for the swap participant?  Well, here they are...Ready for their new homes!

1 comment:

  1. You are so clever! I love the packaging and the thoughtfulness of the Thank You card. I never heard of Twinchies so I'm a bit lost on the technique. No worries, I'm heading on over to the internet to read all about it. Can't wait to see your next creation! Love your artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry