Sunday, March 22, 2015

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue...

Hello Journey Friends!

For my Make-Live-Share project this week I headed to the scrap pile!  As a hobby quilter and crafter, I can't seem to toss any worn/damaged clothes.  Jeans, shirts and pants that are filled with holes head to my scrap pile.  Today, I pulled a pair of jeans (with lots of fraying on the hem) off the pile and started snipping away.  I had a vision of my completed project in my mind...and it was time to bring it to life!
So, my color palate sprung from the March Color Challenge I'm hosting at Creative Blooms Journey Challenges.  I dyed some cream seam binding Kiwi Slice, Orange Creamsicle and Lavender Fusion. The cream also matched perfectly to the final color Butter Cream.  After the seam binding dried, I formed a few blooms that would be able to be sewn onto the bag flap.  Adding a few seed beads and sequins added the finishing touch to the flowers.

And look!!!  Even my Little Mr. Mason wanted to join me in creating this project!  Such a little stinker.  :)
If you look closely at the Spring Blooms flower diecuts, you'll see that they are full of Journey Sparkle Dust.  I cut the flowers from New Day printed paper on some double sticky paper that acts as an all-over adhesive for the Sparkle Dust.  It also helps make the paper more fabric-like.  Now, the paper will not rip or tear when handled.  WIN WIN! It may be difficult to tell, but I stamped the top flap with the Elegant Borders stamps (using Butter Cream ink).  It's a faint addition, but ages the top flap quite a bit.
In the front corner of the bag, I sewed a Wooden Accent button and a sparkly flower to balance it out.
To finish the bag off, I added additional sequins/beads and some cream ribbon for a handle.  I'm going to fill this bag with lotion, powder, and a bottle of perfume and will give it as a wedding gift to a friend..It's the perfect little bag and presentation!  Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue!
And not to forget the back of the bag, I continued the trail of green seam binding and added another sparkly flower and seam binding flower.  

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry